Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Theo's today pic...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnastic Photos
View previous topic | View next topic  
RGSuperfan

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Feb-2006 21:23    Post subject: Tom Theo's today pic... Reply with quote

Very amusing ! look Very Happy http://www.tomtheobald.com/
Tchachinafan

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Feb-2006 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to se that gala her RGSuperfan I love your avatar Dolores O'roirdan oh men she is wow amazing .............and she dance funny when she sings
RGSuperfan

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Feb-2006 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchachinafan wrote:
I really want to se that gala her RGSuperfan I love your avatar Dolores O'roirdan oh men she is wow amazing .............and she dance funny when she sings

He he.. I'm a fan of the Cranberries... Very Happy I don't have the gala by the way Sad
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Feb-2006 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGSuperfan wrote:
He he.. I'm a fan of the Cranberries... Very Happy I don't have the gala by the way Sad

je croyais que c'était la chanteuse du superbus Embarassed honte a moi Embarassed (en plus j'aime pas superbus Evil or Very Mad )

It's good to see Anna, still so beautiful (perhaps I am in of her Question)

www.lucduval.net : my galery
Escalina
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the current one with Katya so much!Thanks Tom! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ! Katerina Pisetsky looks great on these pictures ! Love Razz
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that group routine is so original!!!
I like it!

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that's great leos !! Razz
liltawen

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice to see pictures of what Katya is doing with the Israeli group these days.I hope they are sucessful.
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a friend that contacts her sometimes...so wishing Katya smiles and happiness for 2007.
Whew yes, the leo! Wayyyy nice! Some leos I wonder sometimes (but hey the designers can do anything they like, go for it!). That ISR group leo is way cool Smile -Tom
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Dec-2006 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be great if it didn't have the sort of leotard print and if the red were black or white. Lol, sorry.

Now... Going off topic... Embarassed Sorry!

Tom, is it me or have you begun using more "close-up" in your photography? I've been going through the last Aeon/Mie gallery and I find it different from other galleries. I just LOVE it!!! Congrats!!
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 1-Jan-2007 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Faerie and wish all Happy 2007!

Now is Daria waving on 'daypic'. Re Katya's leo before... Ooooo, maybe to change the green plants on her leo to blue! No wait, make them red! Grin Hmmmm, I wonder if in Adobe Photoshop...

(Ooops, sorry this is so long an answer Embarassed )
Re off topic and my work... Is a nice time to reflect on style (2006 review gallery finished tonight) and now comes 2007. Yes, your observation is correct re changes. I try to explain. My work (every photographer's work actually)...evolves slowly over years. In the 80's period were a few early signs of what I try to realize or present now. One moment that had a deep effect on me, I explain here. There is a very early image of Marina Lobach and Galina Beloglazova during the medals ceremony at Moscow 1986(I think it is them). I remember clearly that we were given a very close photo position and just in that moment, I noticed they were holding each other's hands. It was a very sensitive moment...and just then came the idea of showing just this (just holding each other's hands). So I framed for just their hands. Better I show the image to illustrate (will try to add it soon here).

Fast forward to the last few years. It is little bit rare to be given so close working positions. Normally only the official photographer receives the closest position (back then it is was Eileen Langsley and today it is Volker (FIG) and sometime Dirk (UEG). The only other option is bigger lens. So personally, I try more and more to work with 300mm and 400mm.

The idea is to give the viewer a new reality or take them to a place they can rarely be. When you watch the tv video crews from say-> France 5, NHK, or Eurosport channels...there is the wide view of the entire carpet and then the technical director has the option to go to the extreme close-up views of the gymnast. Many times at the biggest events, late at night (when RG for that day is replayed on tv)...I watch the tv close-up work. They have giant expensive lenses that can zoom in very close and their work is brilliant.

For still photographers the image framing is VERY high risk with 300 and 400mm. Often you will see Reuters, AFP, AP photographers go halfway up the arena and work only from great distance with these big lenses. At first (2002, 2003) I was intimidated by the power of this glass. You know near the carpet that your image framing is going to cut legs and arms sometimes...so you have to really think about technique. Close-up is an extremely challenging environment! Only in the last year have I become a little bit comfortable. With so powerful lenses it takes years to develop the skills to produce images that communicate. It is a dance of quiet calm precision. The attrition rate (of unusable images) is very high. With Alina at Mie in November...I had almost nothing to show. So you keep trying...
In recent years I have had less and less interest in 70-200mm range. I want to see Daria or Evgenia's smile very very close. Then the charm comes through the camera.
In 2007, the newest challenge to myself...get a 10-17mm fisheye! In this book:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-books/pid-1003775887/
by a father and daughter team in Japan (Hideo and and his daughter Etsuko Kawazu). Etsuko works sometimes with 15mm fisheye, it is so cool... -T
soleil

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Jan-2007 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today´s pic... Alina in 99!! Her shape then reminds me to Evgenie Kanaeva now! You mustn´t miss the video of her "séjour" in Japan... hehehe She looks very nice in the first 7secs, the rest of the vid is quite vulgar, what do you think about it?
Thanx Tom! Your website is wonderful!!!
Gymnalice

PostPosted: Thu, 18-Jan-2007 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm "proud" because it's me who have send the video on "google-video" !

thanks Tom !!

PostPosted: Thu, 18-Jan-2007 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, gymnalice, you can be proud of it, i just saw the video, not "vulgar" at all in my opinion, thanks ! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnastic Photos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: