Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About the event calendar

View previous topic | View next topic  
ivan

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Aug-2007 11:19    Post subject: Re: Events calendar Reply with quote

Calendar wrote:
Added by MarieMM, 11.05.2007.
This topic is our calendar topic. Everyone should look here for a list of upcoming events. To ensure that the information is accessible, the old topic has been cleaned up and separated in multiple parts.

In this calendar topic, please post ONLY information about existing events, for example:
* Name of the event
* Category (junior/senior/group/World Cup/Grand Prix etc)
* Contact information

Our member Verónica has been kind enough to gather such information in a calendar format: http://clik.to/rgcalendar

In addition to this calendar topic, we will have individual topics for each event/competition. Questions about the events should be posted in the individual topics.

We will also have a topic called "Requests for invitations". If you are looking for competitions in a specific time period or wish to receive invitations for competitions, post your contact information there. If you are hosting a competition and are looking for teams to attend your competition, you will find many contacts in that topic (but you are also very welcome to post information about your event in this calendar topic).
MarieMM, on behalf of the other moderators.

2006, December, 01 - 15, DOHA (QAT), RG - Senior 15th Asian Games
2006, December, LAS PALMAS ( CANARIAS) (ESP), RG - Senior/Junior
CAMPEONATO DE ESPANA DE CONJUNTOS
2006, December, 19, CAIRO (EGY), RG - Senior/Junior 2nd Love and Peace Cup.
2007, January, 17 - 21, SYDNEY (AUS), RG - Senior Australian Youth Olympic Festival.

02-03/12/2006 international tournament "happy cup" Gent (Belgium)

This calendar is a very good idea, indeed - thanks a lot.

But I do think that it will be better to have a list of the competitions in a PARTICULAR country.

Supose, I would like to take part in competitions (not grand prix) in Zanzibar, for example.

And it is very difficult to find a complet list of such events.

The "Search" engin here is useless.

My proposal is ...to post also the competitions in separate folders:
Albania, Austrua,...etc.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Marie

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Aug-2007 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I informed Ivan, I split his post out from the calendar topic and into the rsg.net discussion forum. I did this because his suggestion deserves attention. However, the post is not a new event in our calendar, it is a proposal for a change in the rsg.net forum. So I think it's better to discuss it in the room about the forum.

I support the idea of having a calendar as good as possible. There are many opportunities for modifying the board. Some will be helpful, some might not be worth the efforts.

First, let me point you to a nice feature of our search engine. It took time before I discovered it, and I, too, felt that the search function was inadequate. However, in the bottom right corner of the search engine, you can choose "Display results as: Posts / Topics". If you choose to display the results as posts, search for Belgium in the Events and Results forum, you will find everything posted about competitions in Belgium (or Albania, Austria, etc).

It might still be nice to have one topic for each country. However, then I think we need a separate room for this. Fortunately, there are very many countries that organize competitions. We would have at least 30 different topics for different countries. This would be in addition to the individual topics for each event. Remember that the calendar is only supposed to be an informative list of competitions and their dates, not discussions, results, etc, etc. That has always been posted in the individual topics for each event.

So, what does everyone think?
ivan

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Aug-2007 19:02    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

Marie wrote:
[color=red]Remember that the calendar is only supposed to be an informative list of competitions and their dates, not discussions, results, etc, etc. That has always been posted in the individual topics for each event.

So, what does everyone think?

Completely agree.....
Well I was asked to make a list of the tournements in West Europe: Portugal Spain France Italy Belgium Holland Germany and I didnt found even 1 tournament per month per country.
In East Europe the situation is the opposite - you can find many but they do not coincide with the Western School holidays.
That is why will be very good if here everybody interested in a particular competitions od country can finf this information easier then to make a Search and Sort.
This is only my opiinion which can not be true.
It is interesting what the others are thinking about it.
Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: