Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repeating Shapes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
canrgmom

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Aug-2012 5:45    Post subject: Repeating Shapes? Reply with quote

I understand that under the new Code of Points a gymnast will not be allowed to repeat shapes within a body group...so for example you cannot do a horizontal turn and later do a horizontal to passe in combination. (Although you can do same shape in different groups, ex. cossack jump and cossack turn.)

But, can you still do 0.1 elements repeatedly as you could in old code? For example, under the current code you are allowed to do as many single illusions as you want (or passe balances, etc) during a routine because the value was 0.1
kiwi_gym_girl

PostPosted: Tue, 30-Oct-2012 4:53    Post subject: Re: Repeating Shapes? Reply with quote

canrgmom wrote:
I understand that under the new Code of Points a gymnast will not be allowed to repeat shapes within a body group...so for example you cannot do a horizontal turn and later do a horizontal to passe in combination. (Although you can do same shape in different groups, ex. cossack jump and cossack turn.)

But, can you still do 0.1 elements repeatedly as you could in old code? For example, under the current code you are allowed to do as many single illusions as you want (or passe balances, etc) during a routine because the value was 0.1

I'm not sure about the 0.1 part but what I understood from the code with regard to repeating shapes I thought that you would not be allowed to do a superman balance then later in that routine do a superman pivot as that is a repetition of shape. I also thought you were unable to repeat handling such as mills unless they are done on a different plane.
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do u mean by superman the panche i cant do a balance panche and pivot panche in the same routine, please can anyone tell me about the slow turns can i pit after the catchbackbend catchback a slow turn at the end and take 0.2 like before
canrgmom

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding repeated shapes, I believe that you can do same the same shape in different body groups, for example a penche balance and a penche pivot. What you cannot do is a penche pivot and then an attitude into a penche pivot.

Tahnee, you are our cop expert...can you confirm this?
Tashik

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

canrgmom wrote:
Regarding repeated shapes, I believe that you can do same the same shape in different body groups, for example a penche balance and a penche pivot. What you cannot do is a penche pivot and then an attitude into a penche pivot.

I understood it the same way
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

canrgmom wrote:

Yes, this is how it was explained to us. However, we were also told that you could repeat the same balance shape in a single difficulty and then in a fouette balance. E.g. attitude balance by itself, and then attitude as one of the shapes within the fouette. On a side note/FYI - all fouette shapes need to be different in this COP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: