Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are masteries allowed in your country ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
zevaness

PostPosted: Tue, 5-Nov-2013 13:17    Post subject: Are masteries allowed in your country ? Reply with quote

I should have opened this topic long ago, because in France we have a big problem with masteries, and I would like to know how other countries deal with it... Watching
First of all, I'm speaking about gymnasts from "non-elite" levels, i.e. who never go to international competitions.

The problem is, since anybody seems to agree on what "non ordinary" means, the french federation has decided to simply suppress the masteries. Masteries are not forbidden but don't count at all. A pity for the gymnasts whose main skill was a good technic with apparatus. Blub
All routines are now made of : Difficulty, risk, dances sequence, another difficulty, another risk, another dance etc... Sleep No need to do anythig technical with the apparatus, too risky for no points.

The explanation they gave us is that a mastery needs to be huuuuuugely original to be validated, almost none of the masteries presented by the French gymnasts in the latest international event were validated... bla bla bla... Rolling Eyes Conclusion : no need to do masteries, because in elite competition they are not validated.

OK, except we are not elite. Neutral

I overheard that in Bulgaria, still in the non-elite levels, girls could do masteries not necessarily "non ordinary". Can someone confirm that ? Are there other countries who do the same ? Is France the only country that totally suppress masteries because it's to complicated to validate ?

And, just curious, in elite levels, do the masteries have to be so "huuuuuugely original" to be validated ? What about the real "original" elements (0.40) in this case ?
I didn't pay attention to the masteries in international routines, but seeing some routines of the Russia national this week-end, a lot of "non favorites" (but also good) gymnasts had some "basic" masteries, nor original, nor particularly technical to me... What is the point of putting these masteries in the routines if there's any chance to validate them ? Neutral

A lot of questions, but that seems very illogical to me... Angel
zevaness

PostPosted: Thu, 7-Nov-2013 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to know if you can do masteries , and if they have to be sooooo original to be validated... Embarassed
Nothing too complicated, I just want to know how it is in different countries than mine... please Wink
Cipelly

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Nov-2013 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Italy masteries are allowed.. I think the level of originality change from competition to competition.. for the little girls (less then juniors.. hopes?!) they don't need to be original.. but for juniors and senior they have to be something seen rarely for the level of the competition... I think (I'm not a judge) if we are at the national championship of category mastery given are more original then ones given to the regional championship of speciality because the expectation are different..

In the elite level I didn't find so many non-ordinary mastery (except for some russian and bulgarian gymnasts).. Most of them are simple and mundane...expecially mastery with clubs..
zevaness

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Nov-2013 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cipelly Kiss Cheek
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Nov-2013 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Australia, only Level 10 (highest level in the National stream), Junior and Senior need their mastery to be "non-ordinary" to be counted. For all other levels, mastery is counted as long as it is performed with no execution error and has a base and 2 criteria.
zevaness

PostPosted: Sat, 9-Nov-2013 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tahnee Wink
Hope this will help us to have masteries back next year...
zevaness

PostPosted: Tue, 19-Nov-2013 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up ?
I thougth that on rsg.net there were more than 3 different countries... Laughing
becca

PostPosted: Sat, 23-Nov-2013 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK we do give some masteries at top national level, but they do have to be inventive and not seen before. At lower level competitions, it depends on the competition organiser, some go by the COP other say that as long as it has 2 criteria and it is challenging then it can be written as mastery.
zevaness

PostPosted: Sun, 24-Nov-2013 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks Wink
up to now, no other country totally suppresses masteries...
Please continue, the most examples of different countries we have, the better it is Mr. Green
andres

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Dec-2013 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

In chile is allowed mastery on Level A (previous level before elite)
On B level i no know really if mastery is obbligatory according with national guidelines
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gymfan3

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Dec-2013 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the COP, what is the meaning of non-ordinary/original combination ? inder mastery?
andres

PostPosted: Fri, 27-Dec-2013 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

gymfan3 wrote:
in the COP, what is the meaning of non-ordinary/original combination ? inder mastery?

My friend when in the COP says Original combinations means any combination that never was made or seen before and was created with creativity for that reason is not ordinary ..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Sat, 28-Dec-2013 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

andres wrote:
gymfan3 wrote:

My friend when in the COP says Original combinations means any combination that never was made or seen before and was created with creativity for that reason is not ordinary ..

But this looks more the definition of "originality", and not of "non ordinary combination"! Confused
zevaness

PostPosted: Mon, 30-Dec-2013 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kalinka* wrote:
andres wrote:

But this looks more the definition of "originality", and not of "non ordinary combination"! Confused

That's pretty much the problem... Neutral
yannch

PostPosted: Fri, 27-Jun-2014 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cipelly wrote:
In Italy masteries are allowed.. I think the level of originality change from competition to competition.. for the little girls (less then juniors.. hopes?!) they don't need to be original.. but for juniors and senior they have to be something seen rarely for the level of the competition... I think (I'm not a judge) if we are at the national championship of category mastery given are more original then ones given to the regional championship of speciality because the expectation are different..

Same by us in Switzerland...

I always found it strange that the french federation(s) do(es)n't count the masteries... Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: