Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to FIG (rope must be kept)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic | View next topic  
ybalka_

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Jun-2011 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I asked because I consider the letter too good that it surprised me no one had sent it off earlier...You have my full support! I didn't see the letter until the other day, otherwise I would have supported back when it was written!! Neutral

PS: the fact that this thread is posted as Sticky made me not to notice it until the other day, because I usually don't look at those threads, if some moderator could put it back as a normal thread I think it would catch much more attention from posters...Just an opinion Smile
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Jun-2011 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolmadgick wrote:
But no one told me if it was good enough to be sent.
Maybe I should add a comment about Moscow WC Gala ?

Youandi wrote:
Imo you should send it now, adding a comment on the moscow gala is a great idea Smile

What are you referring to? Embarassed
Black&White

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Jun-2011 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good idea to write a letter. I also did not see the post, because it was sticky...

Here my suggestions, comments:
- Paragraph 2 (we would like..."): I would not start the letter with considerations about how fans are important, and more important you should not use expressions like "fans deserve to be listened" or "if we are invisible to you". This sounds very much like an attack, and the letter wants to be professional, with constructive purpose.

- Paragraph 3 (the removal of the rope): do not use the word "illogical". It's an attack and it is not constructive.

- Paragraph 4 (Furhermore...): I am not sure if the leaps as CAP elements are an argument. FIG has to rewrite the code anyway and we still have hoop that can inherit the leaps. The last sentence of the paragraph does not fit in the paragraph and it is imo not necessary to mention (attack?)

Paragraph 5 (moreover...): again, avoid words like "absurd". Don't write the text with direct questions, but only with indirect questions. This paragraph is too emotional, but not enough concrete.

Paragraph 6 (do we need...): don't ask, it's an attack. Just write "Scarf was already removed in the past etc...". Don't use words like ridicoulous.

Paragraph 7 (Since you ...): don't write "you have to restore", It's a command. You should sjust uggest it

Paragraph 8 (even if...) the first sentence you be deleted. It sounds arrogant.

Last paragraph: again too emotional. And a bit arrogant (AGAIN in capital letters...)

Voilą, here are my suggestions. In summary I think, that if the fan community wants to reach something,the letter should be less emotional and more "to the point". Just mention the pro and contra of removing the rope. Make proposals. But do not attack. Attacking you loose every good point you can have.

Personally I would suggest to them to enhance the importance of the gala. Maybe TV would be more keen in broadcasting gala (imo they are much better to watch then the competions), like they do for ice skating eg.
coolmadgick

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Jun-2011 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your opinion, but what do you suggest instead of those sentence ?
I know it is very emotional, but deleting every single emotional thing is not good too IMO. I agree we could delete some, but not all. And actually the letter was written in French first, so things that in French are not emotional might be in English, so I am sorry if I did not notice :S

@kalinka : we are talking about the disaster of Moscow WC gala :S

@ybalka : thank you, if you are on the spanish forum, could post it there ? Maybe Spanish fans has other critics to do ? I don't have time to post it :s
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Jun-2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was Moscow WC Gala a disaster? Shocked

Black&White wrote:
Voilą, here are my suggestions. In summary I think, that if the fan community wants to reach something,the letter should be less emotional and more "to the point". Just mention the pro and contra of removing the rope. Make proposals. But do not attack. Attacking you loose every good point you can have.

I agree with you! Smile
Dopp

PostPosted: Tue, 12-Jul-2011 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand with you in this appeal!
iloverhythmic

PostPosted: Tue, 3-Apr-2012 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really late at this..but did they already remove rope from seniors? Its one of my favorite apparatuses.. Sad
Justin

PostPosted: Fri, 6-Mar-2015 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, rope briefly returns for senior groups in 2017-2018, as part of the mixed routine, but other than that, no...

Source: FIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: