Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improving training? (for self-coached gymnasts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic | View next topic  
sanchara

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Nov-2012 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much *Kalinka* that will help me heaps too Smile

Also a general principle of training that I try to apply to all three of the disciplines I do (Artistic, Rhythmic, Vaulting) is I try to visualize it perfectly imagining what it would look like if it was perfect, and then feel like if it was perfect and then try to do it the way I pictured it. My coach reminds me to think this way by saying the phrase "See it, Feel it, Do it"

It takes time and practice but I find that these days it is much easier to learn new things because I can make my body do it the way I imagine it if I my body is actually capable of doing it (strength/flexibility ect)

Smile
halkonyat

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Nov-2012 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanchara wrote:
Go see a chiropractor for the pain. Make sure you do your research and find one who comes well-reccomended by others.

In general be very gentle with your back and always use your stomach and back muscles to support your spine. Also practice front bends as often as you practice back bends. Smile

Then, when you are better. Focus on improving the flexibility of your hips and shoulders. Even Anna Bessonova didn't have much back flexibility but she's a perfect example of a gymnast who used her hip flexibility to make up for it.

Its pretty normal for girls of the same familly to have different ranges of flexibility.

At first LOADS of thanks for replying Very Happy Well my cousin will be a physiotherapist, so she also could inform me about the pain. But I don't think I'll go to a chiropractor Confused

I started to do some belly and back muscle trainings, and I'm also doing front bends now Smile And my back is much more better, too, not perfect but very good Very Happy But I don't know how to make my shoulders and hip more flexible Sad Can you offer me a video what helps or something? Thanks Smile
sanchara

PostPosted: Fri, 9-Nov-2012 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep lunge stretches where you press your hip down into the floor and lean back are good for opening up the hips. It is important to keep your hips and shoulders square in this of course. Smile

it looks like this
http://www.judnick.com/images/RhythmicGymnastics_BBushnell_107-26-100_small.JPG

of course you don't have to go so far back right away

For shoulders you can try putting your hands on a table with your arms straight and making your back flat so it is level with the table and letting your weight sink into the shoulders. Also for shoulders leaning your weight into your shoulders while in the bridge.

If you can't see a chiropractor I think physio is the second best for sure. The big difference between the too is that if you have joints actually out of alignment then a chiropractor can simply adjust them and send you off to training where as physio will give you exercises that might slowly correct the problem over time.

it is VERY important to do an EQUAL amount of front bending to back bending to keep your spine healthy.
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Nov-2012 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortheloveofRG wrote:
walkovers... sigh. okay so i have quite a flexible back and all but im struggling to do back and front walkovers. i can do most of the front walkover properly but my second land either lands behind or in-line with my first. and with the backwards walkover i have a feeling that the bottom leg (one that stays on the ground the longest) isn't strong enough that's why i cant go over? can someone help me please? or give me ways to strengthen my leg? Rolling Eyes

Don't worry, it took me years to be able to do a back walkover and I'm still not confident Laughing I find the best way is to just do it without thinking too much or I get scared and lose momentum. It works best if you take your top leg off the floor as you're going backwards (like doing a back scale). If you can, get someone to support you by holding under your back and pushing your top leg over - it really helps - and then over time you will be able to do it on your own. It's actually a lot harder to kick over from a bridge position than it is to do a back walkover.

http://www.youtube.com/princessiero2
Ask me a question!
http://www.formspring.me/toastqueen
sanchara

PostPosted: Fri, 23-Nov-2012 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to spot walkovers it is important to spot with the hand under the shoulder blades rather then in the middle of the back as the latter stresses the spine. Sad

Smile
dreamdancer

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Mar-2013 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Does anyone here have any advices on how to learn to do several illusions in a row?Especially how to keep your balance?
I can do1-2 illusions, but at the latest after the second i fall off Sad

Would love to learn it like colino does here at 0:43:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GspEoHlzpP0 Very Happy

really would appreciate your help!!! Smile
kiwi_gym_girl

PostPosted: Tue, 21-May-2013 12:02    Post subject: fouettes Reply with quote

Hi Not sure if someone has already asked but i wondered if anyone had any tips on fouettes? I always lose balance do some good some but but i want them to become consistently good would appreciate any help thanks Very Happy
Zita

PostPosted: Thu, 22-Aug-2013 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
We do fouettes in ballet too, of course. Often, when we students miss a few fouettes, our teachers remind us to always spot the same tiny square on the wall, because not spotting with consistence makes us gradually fall.

Sometimes, people are turning slightly "behind" themselves too: I mean that their weight isn't perfectly over their toes-ankle-hip-shoulder line, and their axis of rotation are wrong. Do you understand what I mean, or shall I write it another way?
RibbonToss

PostPosted: Thu, 7-Aug-2014 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have some updated videos or links to more step by step training for apparatus handling for beginning and intermediate skills?
halkonyat

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Aug-2014 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

RibbonToss wrote:
Does anyone have some updated videos or links to more step by step training for apparatus handling for beginning and intermediate skills?

Have you seen Alina Kabaeva's training tips? There's one of the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wz62J6RTN4 Wink
RibbonToss

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Aug-2014 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:

Have you seen Alina Kabaeva's training tips? There's one of the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wz62J6RTN4 Wink

Thanks Halkonyat for writing! Yes.

Last edited by RibbonToss on Thu, 9-Mar-2017 2:08; edited 1 time in total
halkonyat

PostPosted: Fri, 8-Aug-2014 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

RibbonToss wrote:
halkonyat wrote:

Thanks Halkonyat for writing!
Yes I have seen the entire Kabaeva DVD and try to practice with her but she is more advanced and fast. I like that it is organized together, I just wish there was one for beginning non olympic level. I am looking for more step by step lessons and basics for foundation to make sure we are starting the skill correctly. Some of the things she showed were good tips but if you are beginning we need a lot more help Confused Crying or Very sad

I don't attend any rg club, although, I used to but it was about two years after I started RG at home. I believe I developed nearly all of my RG knowledge on my own. I loved Kabaeva's videos and I also searched for example how to do the splits for beginners etc. videos on YT. You can also watch rhythmic gymnasts at low level, so you can start the basic things with them. RG training videos can be also helpful Wink Be attentive to do warm-up at first!
Ksenia

PostPosted: Thu, 31-Mar-2016 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone of you ever used a rubber band for stretching ?
I want to improve my splits and balances but I never used one while I was training in a club, so I am pretty clueless on that. Embarassed

Does anyone of you have any ideas/advices ? (like what length should it be etc)
virkkuu

PostPosted: Thu, 31-Mar-2016 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could check #flexistretcher and @nely_bis_rhythmicgymnastics on instagram! People are doing cool stuff with that and rubber band could be used in similar way Smile

I'm not sure about the length, but get quite resistant one that you can still tie on the ends ^^
Ksenia

PostPosted: Wed, 6-Apr-2016 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

virkkuu wrote:
You could check #flexistretcher and @nely_bis_rhythmicgymnastics on instagram! People are doing cool stuff with that and rubber band could be used in similar way Smile

I'm not sure about the length, but get quite resistant one that you can still tie on the ends ^^

Thank you! These are very helpful to get an idea of what kind of exercises should one do.
But it seems you can also get creative with the way you use the bands as well. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: