Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your signature skills, and YOUnique skills ..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
maii

PostPosted: Mon, 22-May-2006 21:52    Post subject: Your signature skills, and YOUnique skills .. Reply with quote

Well .. What are your signature skills? Very Happy And what skills you love doing make you stand out..? Very Happy Like Irina has her typical jump, Anya's leaps or Godunko's 4 rolls ending..

My signature skills
BB..
- My own signature mount -> Arabian as mount, sideways on the beam.. So after a streched sault with a half turn you land with your hips on the beam.. Exclamation
- doing an Eremia! Very Happy
- lying in split on beam (both normal or sideways.. Not difficult, but cool anyway!)

FX..
- Illusion turn (Stole the idea from you guys)
- Turn with leg in split position (Stole another RG idea)
- Instead of doing only standard roundoffs in tumbling sessions, replacing them with a one.handed cartwheel ..

Last edited by maii on Thu, 25-May-2006 11:03; edited 1 time in total
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Mon, 22-May-2006 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is so cool that you're incorporating RG elements into AG Very Happy
I know you recently stopped training, but do you have any video of you while you were at it Very Happy? I'd love to see it Very Happy
I am not a gymnast, but a dancer (well more at heart than in technique Laughing), I have a few sig moves, but i can't quite remember to tell them now, and even if i could, they're not that significant to be mentioned Embarassed Razz
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance: I have the Switch split leap right into a forward roll on the floor.....I love calling the switch split dive roll! and I immediately connect it into a single stag jump.

When I perform rhythmic gymnastics:

Rope: I do mills with the rope; do a blind catch while doing a double ring jump (it wraps around my right ankle)

Ball: I hate ball so I hardly ever perform with it but when I do I usually do that toss that Irina Chachina does where it bounces off the floor and she catches the ball in a pirouette in a jazz passe then I let the ball fall to my ankles and toss the ball in with my feet while doing a double stag jump.

Hoop: I LOVE THE HOOP so I always do a catch with my neck. I also LOVE doing the retro roll with the hoop and then toss it with my foot while doing a cartwheel and I also do a toss where I do a handstand and let the hoop fall through my body (That one's always a crowd pleaser!)

Clubs: double toss while I catch the right club above my head and the left club behind my back. Also toss and then trap the club between my neck and shoulders (think of it as tossing the club horizontally the clasping your hand together above your head and then trapping the club between your neck and shoulders....during training I've hit my head so many times, but I've never missed it during a performance THANK GOD!!!)

Ribbon: My other favorite!!! I usually do a boomerang toss with my foot. I've also been able to perform a triple roll with a catch with my legs and I do the skippy di doo thing that so many rhythmic gymnasts do with the ribbon ...you konw what I'm talking about right? I also do no less than 7 fouette turns while spiralling the ribbon (I usually do a double, then two singles, then a triple)

Anyway, those are just about it for me!

Sorry if I bored y'all!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes

J-M
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alisas

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno whether it is cool
But I love my way of balance with ball(the same like barsoukova did) though I am not able to do turn with it
Also hold ball by foot like Putintseva does or Gisikova or Alina in very beggining
Combination of splits on the floor (Alina's ball 2001 or Natasha's ribbon 2006)
voila Embarassed
*rotkwicca*

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

j_m_burry wrote:

Sorry if I bored y'all!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes

J-M

Bored us Shocked ! These things are fabulous! I love your dance combination. I usually connect split leaps with fall on knees and immediate straight legged backward shoulder roll, i don't know how to explain this, i hope you understand what i mean Embarassed
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm.... maybe the Utyasheva, there are not many in Norway who does it (4 gymnasts), but internationally many gymnasts do the Utyasheva. And also I think I'm the only gymnast in Norway who does a pirouette with free leg 180 degrees (the one Zhukova's so good at) but it's quite common internationally so.... hmmm...
Martinee

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja =) wrote:
Ummm.... maybe the Utyasheva ...

What is the Utyasheva? Embarassed
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martinee wrote:
Kaja =) wrote:

http://sergius.egoism.jp/images/flex/22-F.wmv
Martinee

PostPosted: Tue, 23-May-2006 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja =) wrote:
Martinee wrote:
Kaja =) wrote:

http://sergius.egoism.jp/images/flex/22-F.wmv

Thank you:D
staz13

PostPosted: Tue, 11-Jul-2006 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

My signature "move" is usually my beginning pose, I always start in a balance.. usually back balance (some call it scorpion) or a front inclination or some other balance. With ribbon my signature is throwing with the foot and catching after 2 summersaults (catch with the feet/knees) With ball i hold the ball with my neck/back of head (a large bun helps hehe) and do a "superman" turn or just a balance. I think thats all for my main moves....oh with hoop I catch/ throw with the foot alot but thats all for now!

Alexandra Orlando: 2008 Olympian!
jenny14

PostPosted: Thu, 3-Aug-2006 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

my uniques elements:
-kossak turn (3-5) turns
-elbow stand
-side balance promenade on toes
-back balance

I dunno, lately I feel stiff and unable to do any elements. Does anyone else get that feeling?
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Thu, 3-Aug-2006 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love doing stuff with equipment, especially hoop and ribbon!
I like my "Yerofeeva's toss" with hoop -> roll of the hoop on the floor, and then toss it with your foot during a walkover, and then 2 rolls and catch with your feet Exclamation
I also do a toss (hoop) during the illusion, and then while he hoop is still in the air, I do another illusion, and catch with feet.
Wink
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sat, 23-May-2009 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a lot of cartweels, and i like to toss the hoop with my foot during a cartweel, and then catch the hoop in a leap (:
I also do a catch with hoop, where i catch it on my leg in attitude and the hoop carrys on spinning and then i flick the hoop up and catch it in front of me.
Elisabeth

PostPosted: Thu, 14-Apr-2011 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

side scales!
sanchara

PostPosted: Fri, 15-Apr-2011 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most of my "signature" skills I inherited/borrowed from somewhere else.

Current:

1 Split with deep arch of the back - (back foot on the horse's neck, butt on her shoulders and front foot on her back) most vaulters don't have much if any back flexibility (or the core strength to support back flexibilites with the movement of the horse) and becuse the horse's neck slopes upwards from her shoulders you need good back oversplits to do this. My head is still about 20cm from my back leg tho...it kinda annoys me. Vaulting people say that I'm flexibile enough - but RG has set a higher standard of flexibility for me. Very Happy

2 Layback - My coach/idol/husband Love was the first to do this move in competition (as far as we know) - I'll be the second so when I compete in a few weeks.. yea. Kinda hard to describe.... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=174390189277218&aid=35177#!/photo.php?fbid=174390752610495&set=a.174390599277177.35177.174390189277218&type=1&theater this is what it looks like. it takes tremendous core strength to stay straigt out instead of just hanging down like some kind of trick rider Stupid

3. Chest stand with split (like Kanaeva's spinny thing but not spinning) - Its not quite good enough to go in a competitive routien this year but it should be next year

I have some other unique moves but they're kinda simple...

Future/dreams Bounce

1. Backscale- borrowed from RG never been done on a moving horse before

2. Martonovich - a standing back tuck landing on the horse's back - only been done in international competition by one vaulter before.

3. Standing back handspring - it's been done but not many people do it

5. Penchee Piruette - Annother RG move never been done on the horse before

5. balence like bessonova did at the beggining of her '08 clubs (sidescale?) in the handle.

So basically encorperating a lot of RG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: