Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boyanka Angelova
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Wed, 2-Feb-2011 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janita wrote:
yes Youandi, health is more important.

But what Anna says is that it's very sad that you have to stop because of health. It's much better that you stop because of another reason. Like this you never know what you were capable of. If you stop because you don't like it anymore, fine. If you stop because you were at the highest reachable point, fine. If you stop because ... you want it yourself; fine.
But if you stop because you have to .... really this is very sad. And very difficult to deal with.

Ofcourse we wish her all the best and hopefully she can have a normal life without back pain anymore. But somehow the question will always remain "what if ..."

Well said J.!
RinaRg

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Feb-2011 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really sad
I knew she retired just now !
i was wondering about her 2011 routines Blub Crying or Very sad
RSG4LIFE

PostPosted: Fri, 18-Feb-2011 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww it really sucked that she retired..becuz i think if she reached her potential..she was probably the only gymnast...except kondakova and maybe staniouta, that could even challenge. Kanaeva. I guess we'll be stuck with a russian podium until 2013
Truebluesea

PostPosted: Fri, 18-Feb-2011 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSG4LIFE wrote:
aww it really sucked that she retired..becuz i think if she reached her potential..she was probably the only gymnast...except kondakova and maybe staniouta, that could even challenge. Kanaeva. I guess we'll be stuck with a russian podium until 2013

Although I am a huge Angelova's fan, I think she couldn't reach a podium at her conditions...which is a paradox - look at my signature. I always wanted her among the firsts. But she was never completely clean at any routine, I'm almost sure that I have watched all Angelova's videos available on the internet and I can say that she never managed to do a routine even without a little silly mistake. I know you meant "her potential" in that case I can agree, but we cant consider "what could be" when we are talking about extremely prepared and consistent gymnasts competing with a very inconsistent one Sad
Angelova's point imo was not her inexistent cleaness or her "Bessonova" charisma. Was her handling, her originality and her risky routines, and this always got my attention. For me, if a gymnast can execute a beautiful split leap, but her handle is a shame, she's not interesting. Of course its really important for a high level gymnast to have high difficulties at her routines and so on... but if she can shock me doing insanely difficult and original things with the apparatus instead of only doing 1,00... 1,50... elements on D1 value, this gymnast will get my attention easily. About the charisma - is one of the main points of the rhythmic gymnastics, and of course a charismatic gymnast who can interpret a sort kind of musics so well will get everyone's attention, me included - it was not her strong point. Angelova got many critics about being inexpressive and so on, but I really don't think she was like this. She got many elegant moves which matched her musics. But some people didn't feel touched by her expression or anything else... a "lack of expression" to be more clear. Anyways, for me she was definitely not inexpressive.
Its a disaster that she was always injured, my dream was to watch her live at the Rio 2016 Olympics Crying or Very sad
Boyanka is always going to be unique for me...
Truebluesea

PostPosted: Tue, 22-Feb-2011 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news for the Angelova's hooligan here! Laughing
Dan Pickard sent me a message today:

"I saw Boyanka last week. She said that she had injuries and had given up but it's not necessarily forever - she's having a break"

Hope is the last to die! Mr. Green
Youandi

PostPosted: Tue, 22-Feb-2011 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good that she took a break Smile
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Tue, 22-Feb-2011 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Boyanka will come back! She can perform things that no other gymnasts can do! Bounce
Caroline

PostPosted: Tue, 22-Feb-2011 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to learn, but it's really sad for her, she had such a good potential and did very great during her junior years, but then, she had injuries on injuries! Crying or Very sad
She must be really fed up about it, that it really painful for a gymnast to have so much problem! She had huge injuries and she came back in 2010 with amazing new routines, an then, injuries again, and she couldn't take part in the Wch! Sad
She's really an unlucky girl, I don't know if she'll have the courage to go back again, but I wish she'll! Rolling Eyes
Balanceena

PostPosted: Fri, 15-Apr-2011 9:52    Post subject: European Championships 2008 Reply with quote

Rhythmic-is-love x wrote:
Her ball routine at the european championships in turin was AMAZING!! She has excellent handling skills, at the end of her routine a lady who I think is her coach started jumping up and down when she caught her final throw. Fabulous

What were the placings for ball finals at the euro champs in 2008 for Boyanka?
yerofeeva

PostPosted: Fri, 15-Apr-2011 11:33    Post subject: Re: European Championships 2008 Reply with quote

Balanceena wrote:
Her ball routine at the european championships in turin was AMAZING!! She has excellent handling skills, at the end of her routine a lady who I think is her coach started jumping up and down when she caught her final throw. Fabulous

EJECUCION / ARTISTIC / DIFICULTY / PEN / TOTAL
1 LUKONINA Yana RUS 18.800 8.750 7.500 0.10 26.825
2 ANGELOVA Boyanka BUL 18.200 9.100 7.400 0.05 26.400
3 RABTSAVA Hanna BLR 18.200 8.350 7.300 26.025
4 MAZUR Viktoria UKR 17.300 8.350 6.200 24.575
5 154 KOHLHOFFER Fanni HUN 17.000 8.050 6.700 24.375
6 TRIKOMITOU C. CYP 17.000 8.000 5.950 23.975
7 MARCHETTO Alessia ITA 16.800 8.150 5.200 0.05 23.425
8 RADMAN Sara GER 15.200 7.300 5.450 0.40 21.175
LudaFenka

PostPosted: Fri, 15-Apr-2011 16:14    Post subject: Re: European Championships 2008 Reply with quote

yerofeeva wrote:
Balanceena wrote:

EJECUCION / ARTISTIC / DIFICULTY / PEN / TOTAL
1 LUKONINA Yana RUS 18.800 8.750 7.500 0.10 26.825
2 ANGELOVA Boyanka BUL 18.200 9.100 7.400 0.05 26.400
3 RABTSAVA Hanna BLR 18.200 8.350 7.300 26.025
4 MAZUR Viktoria UKR 17.300 8.350 6.200 24.575
5 154 KOHLHOFFER Fanni HUN 17.000 8.050 6.700 24.375
6 TRIKOMITOU C. CYP 17.000 8.000 5.950 23.975
7 MARCHETTO Alessia ITA 16.800 8.150 5.200 0.05 23.425
8 RADMAN Sara GER 15.200 7.300 5.450 0.40 21.175

As a Bulgarian, I was so proud to see Boyanka up there with amazing gymnasts like Lukoina and Rabstava, both of whom I absolutely love. I hope someone on the Bulgarian leadership learns a lesson from the fact that we couldn't turn this amazing junior gymnast into a medal-winning senior.
akika10

PostPosted: Sat, 16-Apr-2011 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

^She was injured. It wasn't anyone's fault. Wink
LudaFenka

PostPosted: Sat, 16-Apr-2011 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

akika10 wrote:
^She was injured. It wasn't anyone's fault. Wink

She was injured while training. It's not as though a flower pot randomly fell on top of her head. There are certain rules and ways to keep gymnasts safe from injury more than once.
akika10

PostPosted: Sun, 17-Apr-2011 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see your point. Watching
"Rules" won't guarantee that one will not be injured. If so, then I'm sure other sports would have these rules.

And what rules are you talking about? I've never heard of any. Surprised
latvy6

PostPosted: Sun, 17-Apr-2011 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the coach should watch over their protégée to ensure that she doesn't get injured but these things just HAPPEN. We see it again and again in this sport and several others as well. Accidents happen that you can't prevent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: