Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euskalgym 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Nov-2009 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esther TM wrote:
Anna and Marlies, you are being absolutely unfair with Dinara.

Dinara is a coach now, not a gymnast anymore, she doesn't train anymore, did you forget this? Maybe she is injured, never thought about this?

She did this gala because the whole event was a hommage to Almudena Cid, and this was her personal hommage for Almu, she did this because she wanted to do it. She didn't come for the gala to Bilbao but as a coach for Aliya.
In these circumstances I don't think we have to judge what she did but say thanks that she did it.

Esther

I did not know that this was to be a hommage to Almu from Dinara! It does make sense then!
I mean that it's ok to stop performing when you have retired and work as a coach but my point is that as long as you chose to perform it should be of quality. The context of a hommage to Almudena does give this gala a good sense though!!!!
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Nov-2009 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillermo wrote:
I agree with Esther. DInara is no longer a gymnast, and I think that what she did is rather impressive for a retired one. She even did someting like 10 fouette pivots in a row, which is not so easy to do.

And you must also give value to the artistic component of her performances. BTW, we most photogs and videogs agreed that Dinara“s gala was one of the funniest and nicest to watch in Baku 2009.

Only the fact that she performed was for us a proud, and a present from Dinara to Almudena and the Spanish audience.

I didn't see anything boring in this event.

Well it's not much of a surprise that you agree with Esther, is it? We don't have the same attachments to Azerbaijan that you do (although from what I've heard they are loosening). What is wrong with someone saying that they were disappointed with Dinara's performance? Are we not allowed to have an opinion? Or do you simply have to defend Azerbaijan at every possible occasion? I remember 4 or so years after she retired Amina Zaripova did a breath-taking gala performance and the fact that she is a coach didn't impede her performance. Amina has a natural talent that will never be lost even if she is a coach, Dinara... doesn't. I also question her capabilities as a coach, ever since she started to train Garaeva after the Olympics she's gone totally down hill. Do you remember how she used to leap? Now she can't even get off the floor! What experience does Dinara have as a coach? None!
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Nov-2009 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
Ever since she started to train Garaeva after the Olympics she's gone totally down hill. Do you remember how she used to leap? Now she can't even get off the floor!

+1
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Nov-2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at Barsukova last performance in Moscow galą.. she was absolutely amazing, and she retired 9 years ago.
I agree with Jonathan.. we can say if we liked or not the performance, even if lead by a high and noble motivation Wink

Of course, I agree on the point that Dinara was very kind to perform for Almudena!

About Garaeva's coaching, well.. don't know what or who is wrong, but there are problems for sure.. Sad
NeUTRoN_Hr

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Nov-2009 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm..Are we agree that Dinara isn“t Garayeva "head coach"...??...
I think that she“s supporting Garayeva a lott!, as a friend for sure!...
I hope she would study hard to get better in coaching....she“s so young!..
Anyway...Viner won“t let Garayeva down..and azerbaijan federation of gymnastics, giving an unexperienced coach...

Anyone knows if Garayeva still training with that young brounette lady..that trained Solovieva too??...and Junior group of 2005...?
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Nov-2009 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
Well it's not much of a surprise that you agree with Esther, is it? We don't have the same attachments to Azerbaijan that you do (although from what I've heard they are loosening).

It would surprise you how many times Esther and I have different opinions, completely. Not in this case, but I just can't figure out why it's not much a surprise to you, or yes, I can, from the point of view of someone who doesn't know at all how we both are.

About my attachment to Azerbaijan, of course I do have it and I'm very proud of it, as well as I have them with Portugal, Ukraine, Germany or Slovenija, just to mention some of them. They have become my friends, but it doesn't affect my capacity of critisize what I feel is wrong, like for example celebrating big events so many times in a row in the same places.

My friends know that Dinara was not my favourite gymnast and she had important limitations, for example, with back flexibility and leaps, but I think she did a very emotional and interesting gala, with nice apparatus handling.

I saw a gala by Elena Vitrichenko in Zaragoza and it was also very nice to watch, even if she almost did nothing impressive from a gymnastic point of view.

Of course I admit all opinions, everybody is free to say what they want, and it's a question of taste and you can't discuss about that, but I think she deserves at least the credit of having performed without any need to do it, just to show Almudena her tribute,

And about coaching... I can't say anything as I don't know the methods they use, but I don't think that judging only from the experience is fair, as there are a lot of examples in sports of unexperienced coachs who made champions from scratch (in football, Josep Guardiola in Barcelona FC, Handball and Talant Dujshebaev, and sooo many others). So let's wait before making any judgement without previous and enough observation, please. One year is not enough and we don't klnow if there's any other reason for a lower level in Aliya during this season.

To finish, I'm not defending anybody, I'm giving my opinion. Do you think they need any defense, and more coming from a nobody like me? That's funny.

But if saying that I'm a friend of Azerbaijan Gymnastics Federation is a crime, just let me say that I'm a criminal then. And be sure that none of my ties with them are loosening, just on the contrary. Same with Ukraine, and with all other places where they call me a friend.

Greetings.
Masha Angeleeva

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Nov-2009 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euskalgym takes place every year since some years ago, I didn't know this one was especially organised for Almudena. She was invited last year but she refused to go. Almudena performed only one gala, and she was given a present, same as Bessonova or Staniouta. There was nothing to make me think this time it was organised in Almu's memory...

UKR rules! Go Anya! Smile
Eulucil

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Nov-2009 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't I find the results for international gymnasts?? Is that they only performed their routines as a Gala?
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Wed, 18-Nov-2009 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all their routines were galas!
eglantine

PostPosted: Fri, 20-Nov-2009 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Kull wrote:
Yes, all their routines were galas!

Euskalgym 2009
http://213.179.68.150/gymmedia/prioNOlang_en.asp?id=3283&sp=2&rt=RG

http://gymmedia.com/RG/events09/Euskalgym09-re.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1295897481
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: