Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jana Berezko-Marggrander
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
Cassius

PostPosted: Fri, 23-Jul-2010 16:07    Post subject: Jana Berezko-Marggrander Reply with quote

Any other German residents excited about Jana? You think this is the time Germany might win something, even olympic gold?
Prescilla

PostPosted: Fri, 23-Jul-2010 17:33    Post subject: Re: Jana Berezko Reply with quote

Cassius wrote:
Any other German residents excited about Jana? You think this is the time Germany might win something, even olympic gold?

I am not a German resident, but I am excited that Germany produced such a great junior)))) she is able to be in medal standing now in Junior Olympics. Very Happy
NeUTRoN_Hr

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is she training in Russia?
She doesn´t looks as a german gymnast...probably because Germany doesn´t produce big gymnasts since...Lisa Ingildeeva?(who wasn´t that "big")..
Prescilla

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeUTRoN_Hr wrote:
Is she training in Russia?
She doesn´t looks as a german gymnast...probably because Germany doesn´t produce big gymnasts since...Lisa Ingildeeva?(who wasn´t that "big")..

I think , she is training in Germany, her coach is Galina Krylenko (Ingeldeeva's coach) and Galina works in Germany.
dalit

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i hered or read that she is originally from Russia and only not long ago she started to train in Germany with Krylenko.
I watched some of her routines from the last G.P.in Aus.,she is good but not amazing .But her coach-Krylenko is great and very creative (just watch the amazing routines of the Blr's gymnasts in her time). so i guess she has a bright future...
Escalina
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is training in Germany (Schmiden) with Krylenko.
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of her parents is Russian. (don't forget about he double name)
Daria

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love her!!! Smile
She is training in TSV Schmiden. I hope she will be better than the Russian girls..
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if she would her results won't. However I hope that the German federation reconsiders their way of thinking about individual gymnasts when Jana will be a senior
Escalina
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Kull wrote:
However I hope that the German federation reconsiders their way of thinking about individual gymnasts when Jana will be a senior

I strongly agree.
Maraja

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Jul-2010 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escalina wrote:
Anna Kull wrote:
However I hope that the German federation reconsiders their way of thinking about individual gymnasts when Jana will be a senior

I strongly agree.

I agree,too .
conniersglover

PostPosted: Sun, 13-Mar-2011 19:46    Post subject: Is Jana from Russia?? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I was searching about Jana and they say she's from Russia and from Moscow.
It basically says that her mom fell in love with a german guy and she and Jana moved to Germany. She also has a step -brother.
So why is her last name is 'Marggrander' where her (step)dad is not her biological dad? I'm just wondering what happened... Is she like adopted by her step-dad??

Also it says her mother's name is Ravilya - I have a friend named Ravilya and she's Tartar origin. So I guess she's not really a 'Russian'??

I'm really confused.

German article link here:
http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.archiv.ab4b7ca8-29a7-430e-b26d-887c21e9b59b.html
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sun, 13-Mar-2011 19:50    Post subject: Re: Is Jana from Russia?? Reply with quote

conniersglover wrote:
Hi all,
I was searching about Jana and they say she's from Russia and from Moscow.
It basically says that her mom fell in love with a german guy and she and Jana moved to Germany. She also has a step -brother.
So why is her last name is 'Marggrander' where her (step)dad is not her biological dad? I'm just wondering what happened... Is she like adopted by her step-dad??

Also it says her mother's name is Ravilya - I have a friend named Ravilya and she's Tartar origin. So I guess she's not really a 'Russian'??

I'm really confused.

German article link here:
http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.archiv.ab4b7ca8-29a7-430e-b26d-887c21e9b59b.html

Yes, she is half Tatar...

About the German surname, maybe her Father is of German original, there are quite a few Wink
latvy6

PostPosted: Sun, 13-Mar-2011 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

...does it even really matter...

If being Tatar means that you aren't really Russian...then Amina Zaripova isn't really Russian now is she? But she is! Nationality =/= Ethnicity.

In the article it says that she lived in Moscow with her mother alone and on a summer holiday to Turkey her mother met a man from Germany named Frank Marggrander. They eventually married and they moved to Germany in...2008? She didn't speak a word of German but now she speaks it flawlessly, according to the article.

So Frank is her adoptive father, and Berezko might even be the surname of her birth father who clearly isn't even in the picture at all here.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Wed, 1-Jun-2011 13:29    Post subject: Re: Jana Berezko Reply with quote

Cassius wrote:

I'm not German either (well, technically I kind of am, but I don't live there Razz ) but I was very excited when she won bronze at the YOG Singapore. Her ball routine (and leo, for that matter) was really elegant and graceful, and I think she has a lot of promise.

I don't think she'll be able to beat the Russians; even if she's better in execution, the Russian girls still have the higher difficulties. Not to mention they're usually overscored. But I think that maybe at the 2016 olympics (don't think she has a chance at 2012; she's too new to senior) she could medal.

Interview with Jana that I found (The only words I can understand are school and training):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdKRcqL-ks&feature=mh_lolz&list=FL27v59XLAJ2U

I think she trains in Germany; that's what the video looks like. But that's really interesting about her being Russian and having the step-family. Really confusing, but quite interesting.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: