Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 Olympics, Rio de Janeiro (August 5th - 21st)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
jaanku

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does Bulgaria have such ugly leo's all the time?
I can't believe UKR fought the score it always goes lower when the Judges watch a 2nd time. Maybe they just need a coach that doesn't yell at them all of the time.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spain are just burning down the house today. I think they're gonna win it! Huge pressure on Russia. The Spanish worked in top, top form, amazing job. 17.966, target score for RUS 35.766
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaanku wrote:
Why does Bulgaria have such ugly leo's all the time?
I can't believe UKR fought the score it always goes lower when the Judges watch a 2nd time. Maybe they just need a coach that doesn't yell at them all of the time.

Yeah, not a good enquiry. I'm surprised that JPN did not file one!

Target score for Russia: 18.167. Barely doable.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doable with this! This second routine was excellent. I'm not sure it was worth this high of a score, but the crowd actually took it well.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crowd is totally awesome today. One of the best atmospheres I've witnessed in RG.

BTW for the Spanish fan, shaking her bull flag while the Russians were on: not a good idea, though I'm quite sure most gymnasts can block these kind of distractions.
jaanku

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Irina Deriugina should stay behind the scenes, I can see why she got banded from the floor and she hasn't learnt a thing about that experience. Too bad for Ukraine they are a unique team and a pleasure to watch.
Happy for Spain!!
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeky bum time for ITA, while watching BUL. What a beautiful green! And what a routine for the bronze! The Bulgarians are overjoyed. And this is an understatement.
yussupovafan

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russia with a drop , unsynchronized and messy through out got 17.6 Laughing

Vinerstan is alive and well.

The crown is awesome.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all it was an amazing three days, especially from the arena. Though I still can't get over missing the 2nd half of the individual final because of the most uninteresting waterpolo match ever Mr. Green
yussupovafan

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
All in all it was an amazing three days, especially from the arena. Though I still can't get over missing the 2nd half of the individual final because of the most uninteresting waterpolo match ever Mr. Green

Next time you could pretend to be there but watch the match through rio channel instead. Smile

maksymehappy wrote:

I haven't seen anything this year but I'd say Mazur's performance problems are on a different level. All I see is that Rita seems sensitive, feels the burden of expectation and nerves can show through. Her problems probably seem worse than they are because people expect her to come first. Vika has nerves but seems mentally more distractable. I once saw her come out of one body element that she saved, and a second or so later throw the apparatus twice as far as she was supposed to. There was no physical connection between the two; she had simply distracted herself. I've also seen her apparently confuse herself ('Twist' hoop routine that she soon gave up on). Admirable body elements, looks super, but I have given up on her really achieving anything for a long time now. And I say this as a fan, even!!!

I know , Blub
Gergely

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Next time you could pretend to be there but watch the match through rio channel instead."

The problem is that I cannot make interviews in the mixed zone that way Mr. Green
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaanku wrote:
I think Irina Deriugina should stay behind the scenes, I can see why she got banded from the floor and she hasn't learnt a thing about that experience. Too bad for Ukraine they are a unique team and a pleasure to watch.
Happy for Spain!!

"Derugina got banned from the floor"? What do you mean?
El Viner

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videos Individual Final #Rio2016
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9qrYM_kf6CcVzFOWGFFVmF6M28
Olwen

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't keep a couple of comments all stuffed up in my head regarding the individual podium and group.

First and foremost, is anyone else as appalled with the Russian group's horrendous outfits and ghastly hairdos???? Evil Tounge Evil Tounge

I can't believe they have taken the sequins, extra feathers and crap to a whole new level that, in my opinion, tips the glitter to extreme overkill. And the weird "budget-bridesmaid" hair style with dollar store clips all over... now what on earth is that for??? I thought we were trying to <i>attract</i> people to this sport not send them laughing off. I would be embarrassed to show the Russian Group to my friends and family that this was my sport (even though I like their routines) Ps. I also think Rizatdinova has a few hideous outfits too (black one with weird big collar frill Shocked

Costumes, aside. I am surprised that the media and the general consensus is surprised by Mamun's win. I was quite sure it would be her who won. It would appear on paper from past major events that Yana is always the winner, however for those who have followed grand prix events and international competitions this past year will know that Yana only barely recovered from her foot/ankle surgery in time to start contending to go to Rio. Soldatova was even training as a serious replacement up until the very last second. Yana could not compete until late in the season, and frequently bowed out of apparatus finals to preserve her foot/ankle. In my opinion she is also not quite the same as before the injury- Yana really did never falter up until coming back from the injury, and watching events I noticed she often displayed mistakes hear and there. I think Yana's year leading to Rio was full of uncertainty and needing to change some of her style to accommodate her health. I think she struggled and making it to Rio instead of Soldatova was a real win. I personally did not expect the gold to be a certainty for her. I think Yana is a brilliant athlete and I love her style. I think Mamun is also incredible. Anyone agree with any of this?

Last edited by Olwen on Mon, 22-Aug-2016 5:09; edited 1 time in total
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Sun, 21-Aug-2016 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results from Group All-around final

https://twitter.com/gymnastics/status/767383524269821952

Gold - Russia
Silver - Spain
Bronze - Bulgaria

Russia won Gold again ... I did not like/enjoy their routines at all ... So chaotic ...
Also not a fan of Spain, but I like them much more than Russia though.
I am happy for Bulgaria that they won Bronze. They always have dramatic routines.
Heartbroken for Italy. Strong, beautiful routines. But only 4th place with close to Silver/Bronze in points Sad
Also Belarus was not far away from a medal ...

My favourite routines are from
Italy
Ukraine
Belarus
Israel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: