Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhythmic gymnastics diet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Laughs and smiles

PostPosted: Sat, 1-Dec-2007 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God, was browsing through the website... Are they for real??
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sat, 1-Dec-2007 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaerieDevilish wrote:
Thought that, for an external reference, I'd post what I saw on a sort of pro-ana and mia (anorexia and bulimia) site:

http://www.fading-obsession.com/diets/russian-gymnast-diet.php

This diet has been on Ira's website too. She called it the "Light fruity" diet. She also had a diet that consisted solely of black no-yeast bread and caviar, water, lettuce and tomato.
Laughs and smiles

PostPosted: Sat, 1-Dec-2007 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pure protein, no carbs on that one....

A protein based diet does tend to allow to lose weight quickly., but you gotta be very careful with your protein of choice, specially careful with high cholesterol items...

Ira's protein diet is not risky cholesterol wise, but I would starve on that Shocked

Their stomachs have probably reached a minimal size through the years....
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sat, 1-Dec-2007 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughs and smiles wrote:
Oh my God, was browsing through the website... Are they for real??

I doubt the owners of the page are - I mean, it's too emo, IMO, to be real. I assume they are just calling for attention, but I can't judge because I don't know them.

What worries me, though, is that a lot of people who do have these problems find sources like this easily.

Kaja =) wrote:
FaerieDevilish wrote:
Thought that, for an external reference, I'd post what I saw on a sort of pro-ana and mia (anorexia and bulimia) site:

http://www.fading-obsession.com/diets/russian-gymnast-diet.php

This diet has been on Ira's website too. She called it the "Light fruity" diet. She also had a diet that consisted solely of black no-yeast bread and caviar, water, lettuce and tomato.

Yes, I assume they got it from there.

I just posted the link for an outer reference of the way these diets are viewed, i.e. not in the universe of gymnastics.
Zhirhkov

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Jun-2009 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find for me instead of eating three meals, eat 5-6 small 'meals' a day.
obviously if your going to have 6 meals, make them smaller then if you were to have 5 meals.
this isn't a doctor reccomended thing, it's just my own thinking.
you would have constant energy for the day,
and this is my own thinking-
but i think my body would easily digest smaller meals,
rather then storing the excess food from a meal as fat.

also, if you seek to lose some weight an easy trick is wake up, have a glass of water then do some exercise, then eat brekfast. this burns the fat on your body rather then working off the food you just ate.
also, green te is great! it boosts your metabolism along with exercise!

i think i am pretty lucky because i have a genetic fast metabolism, it runs in my familie! i do not think it is good to pig out on foods though because your body needs good fuel to run and perform at peak!
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Jun-2009 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhirhkov wrote:
obviously if your going to have 6 meals, make them smaller then if you were to have 5 meals.

also, if you seek to lose some weight an easy trick is wake up, have a glass of water then do some exercise, then eat brekfast. this burns the fat on your body rather then working off the food you just ate.

i think i am pretty lucky because i have a genetic fast metabolism, it runs in my familie! i do not think it is good to pig out on foods though because your body needs good fuel to run and perform at peak!

The 6 small meals is recommended by a lot of nutritionists/dieticians. It speeds up your metabolism as eating every 2-3 hours does not let your body come close to "starvation" mode, when your metabolism would slow and store food rather than burn it.

I don't really agree with eating breakfast after exercising. In my experience, I have found that I have no energy to do any exercise if I don't have at least a bowl of cereal or some toast, as eating kick starts your metabolism and gets all the bodily processes going..

I'm not a professional in this field, but I am in my third year of doing a Nutrition major at university, so I'd like to think I've learnt something from the course!
Sapphire

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Jun-2009 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

FaerieDevilish wrote:

I doubt the owners of the page are - I mean, it's too emo, IMO, to be real. I assume they are just calling for attention, but I can't judge because I don't know them.

What worries me, though, is that a lot of people who do have these problems find sources like this easily.

I couldn't agree more. The majority of those site owners and people who go to those sites really are attention seekers. Often they say they "want" to have an eating disorder. They want the attention no matter how negative. People who truly have eating disorders are looking for control. Typically they aren't just trying to be thin but in control of what they eat and their weight. Weight getting lower just becomes the obsession of the disorder. That's why it irritates me so much when the media blames thin people for causing people to have an eating disorder. It is not the fault of thin people and thin though the most noticeable effect is not the main issue.
Zhirhkov

PostPosted: Mon, 22-Jun-2009 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
Zhirhkov wrote:

The 6 small meals is recommended by a lot of nutritionists/dieticians. It speeds up your metabolism as eating every 2-3 hours does not let your body come close to "starvation" mode, when your metabolism would slow and store food rather than burn it.

I don't really agree with eating breakfast after exercising. In my experience, I have found that I have no energy to do any exercise if I don't have at least a bowl of cereal or some toast, as eating kick starts your metabolism and gets all the bodily processes going..

I'm not a professional in this field, but I am in my third year of doing a Nutrition major at university, so I'd like to think I've learnt something from the course!

that's just if you need to burn body fat in a hurry Wink
Linnea

PostPosted: Wed, 8-Aug-2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lika wrote:
Yay I learnt how to upload! here is the table and the chart.

Food table http://www.swoopshare.com/file/5edcc1937361ffcbca7baff9bddae571/FoodTable.doc.html

Food Chart
http://www.swoopshare.com/file/3c7674fe1eeaa0c80ae17f0d87d12791/FoodChart.doc.html

In Food Table it shows all the foods and what foods you can eat them with. Number 4 means if you eat those two foods together they will not be stored as fat.

Number 3 means its not too bad but if you are trying to loose weight I dont suggest you eat them.

Number 2 means that if you eat those foods together they will definetly be stored as fat so you should never eat them together.

So if you look at this table you will see why sweet sugary things make you put on weight - because for sugar not to be stored as fat you would have to eat it only with vegetables not with flour in cakes. The same goes for burgers, sandwiches etc.

Following this table can be hard as you cant really eat any ready made foods because they will be mixed with something else eg. musli with milk or musli bars. Basically if you want to eat for example meat - eat steamed or boiled meat without things added to it (eg sauce) and if you want, eat meat only with vegetables and nothing else.

The break between eating unmixable foods (number 2) should be at least 30minutes. But an hour or even 2 would be better.

Food Chart gives you information for the food table, tells you which fruits are sweet/sour which vegetables are starched etc. Also gives some other foods that shouldnt be eaten together.

For a start try to follow this diet for a week and preferably this should be the way you should always eat. See you can eat almost anything and as much as you want (but I dont think that goes for gymnasts so dont eat tooo much) just separately.

I hope this helps. And remember its good not to eat after 6pm or 5pm.

Bye!!!
Very Happy

This is an old topic, but can someone reupload the Food Chart and Food Table? Like, to Mediafire or something, or Imagebam depending on the file type?
TanjaT.

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Aug-2012 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, please reupload Smile
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Aug-2012 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Irina's diet is craaazy!
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Aug-2012 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think not eating is smart or healthy. gymnasts just need to stay away from junk food... our coach always told us to just eat in small portions and drink a lot of water. RG is intense enough exercise to keep you in shape and burn all the calories
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Aug-2012 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I don't think the anti-Russia comments do any harm in this forum, but, looking at this thread, I do think speculating about nutrition and pretending to give advice to young gymnasts on what they should be eating can be quite harmful.

Many of the comments about the smaller and more frequent meals phenomenon, how eating some foods together or not will determine if they will be stored as fat or whatever... Well, they're not very consistent with nutrition science. So how about people looking for advice in this regard look at better sources?

If you're looking for easy-to-understand nutrition, Nutrition Diva is a great source. She also has a Facebook page where she answers some of the questions people post.
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Aug-2012 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, the Russian gymnast diet is insane! I don't understand how it is possible to go through the sort of intense training they do without fainting if you're only eating a few bits of fruit every day.

http://www.youtube.com/princessiero2
Ask me a question!
http://www.formspring.me/toastqueen
Linnea

PostPosted: Fri, 24-Aug-2012 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, I could survive training with barely any food if I lived on the grounds of the training center like they do. Then i could deal with it. I live an hour's drive from my gym and the ride back is when I fatigue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: