Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corbeil EF impressions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Cameron Pegg

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 10:16    Post subject: Corbeil EF impressions Reply with quote

(reposted here at Escalina's request) Very Happy

After managing to get a ticket for the EF's, here are my impressions of the individual finals at Corbeil

Rope

Garaeva was quick and clean; no major errors.

Pecheya had a characteristically dynamic routine - including some great throws – and despite performing without any major errors (notwithstanding a mishandling of the rope or two) she scored lowly.

I really like Bessonova’s new routine, but I think she performed it better in Thiais. She has made some changes which make the routine a little safer, and as a result cleaner, although there were some small fumbles. Throws and leaps, were, as usual, spectacular (and very high). She seemed to be happy with this performance.

Godunko performed the first half of her routine very well, but had problems with the walkover series and also with some pivots at the end of the routine. Amazing strength and height in triple leaps though, and it follows that the TV of this routine is high.

Sphekt glows on the carpet. She really seemed to enjoy performing this routine and it was a shame that she had a drop and a few fumbles. Still, a great routine from start to finish with flair.

Yussopova did really well. No noticeable errors and leaps were really clean. She seems to be stretching her feet on leaps much better than before (good stag leaps even!) Great to see an error free performance from her. A little underscored.

Kaneava was a surprise. She is a lot cleaner than Alina and Olga with body elements, and has lots of confidence handling the apparatus. Some good intricate catches. This routine more so than her others looks like a series of elements (rather than an aesthetically pleasing routine of the Ukrainians or Spehkt) but technically is still impressive.

Ball

Godunko nailed her first throw only to have some problems with others. Nice pivots and leaps but there were some errors throughout which affected the fluidity of the routine.

Kaneava performed cleanly, and had some innovative traps and catches. Her variations on needle and ring pivots are excellent when she hits them, which she did in this performance. A surprise, but a deserving gold medallist.

Bessonova scored the silver and performed well, if not flawlessly. She lost the ball when rolling it over the body, and there were a few small corrections, but her balances were amazing.

Sphekt’s routine would’ve been close to perfect had she not messed up her last trap with a ball drop and also the penche pivot to finish. Beautiful though to watch. A captivating routine.

Pecheya was underscored here. Fast, strong and confident. Great traps too.

Yussopova performed really well. She seems to feel this routine more than any of her others. LOTS of clean throws and a wonderful line throughout. A shame she didn’t medal

Clubs

Sphekt performed well to the quirky music. Lots of great little touches and her personality shone. A deserving medallist.

Bessonova had a problem with her side scale to needle combination, but other than that the routine was classy. Great strength in most of her balances, and high, clean throws.

Godunko was unlucky not to have scored higher. Her balances were really great and she seemed to be in control throughout.

Pecheya was underscored particularly in this routine. Great touches, wonderful handling and supremely confident catches.

Ribbon

Bessonova performed much better on ribbon than in Thiais. Has changed some of the pivot combinations and they now work better. Beautiful quadruple attitude pivot to start and nice pivots throughout. A small fumble when trapping the ribbon stick near the end but great handling of the apparatus and artistry.

Sphekt made too many errors to medal (fell out of several pivots). Still, wonderful music choice and a great routine when she hits.

Yussopova performed well. Better than usual on ribbon.

Godunko wasn’t as strong as expected. The first half of the routine was solid, but she seemed to rush the final combinations. Very high difficulty though and her throws were strong and high.

Gareva had far too many mistakes and ended in 8th. She was hit and miss today.

Kanaeva has much better control of the ribbon than the “top” russians. Her figures are consistent and she works confidently. A pleasing routine.

For groups, China was by far the best. Russia made many large errors on Saturday with ribbons, while China's routine was well controlled and without any major problems.

Despite everything I've heard about Corbeil, the competition was enjoyable to watch. There are far too many security staff, but they werent that much of a hassle. On Saturday the hall was very warm, and I felt sorry for the gymnasts and judges. Despite being packed on Sunday, the stadium was fairly comfortable.

It was great to see gymnasts from many developing RG countries (Tunisie, Egypt, Venezula etc). Next time I'm in France during the competition I'll definitely go again.
Escalina
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ähm I meant here: http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10371&start=220 Embarassed
But it´s nice that you try . Very Happy
Dalitmarcus

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your impression it was intersting to read Exclamation
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 17:43    Post subject: Re: Corbeil EF impressions Reply with quote

Cameron Pegg wrote:

Despite everything I've heard about Corbeil, the competition was enjoyable to watch.

I agree with you

I have read so many bad critic about the Corbeil's Organisation, but it's not so bad

Corbeil is a beautiful competition, but I say more about it in my report.

www.lucduval.net : my galery
Loolita

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually corbeil's organizaton IS BAD !!
I was in it and i can say that they were really some bad things and people are'nt treat as they deserved Rolling Eyes
I'll write more about this subject soon
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loolita wrote:
Actually corbeil's organizaton IS BAD !!
I was in it and i can say that they were really some bad things and people are'nt treat as they deserved Rolling Eyes
I'll write more about this subject soon

I can't see where is bad, because after read some comments about this, I thought the organizer was something like that , but finally they are not so bad for the public

After, I don't know, but I believe the professional like Guillermo, Barny, Sing Lo and Tom, and the other

Mili

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

please tigrenoir

do not say smething you did not live personnally
this year, loolita, lili and me were threatened as nothing
past years, guillermo, esther

you are in the public, of course you can't see anything of the inside!

Mili

http://www.rgmax.gr.st
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mili wrote:
please tigrenoir

Mili

It's I had said in my last sentence.

Loolita

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please..... Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Exclamation
I know you were on the public but as Mili said all the voluntary like us were really treated as nothing and I think a lot of photographer too...
So yes maybe for you nothing was bad but believe us, behind the stage it's not a wonderful world Twisted Evil

It's a pity that such a bad organisation commitee is going to "kill" this beautiful tournament Exclamation
Over the year more and more people has been deceived by the organisation comitee and boycott Corbeil now...so do I.
callisto

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mili wrote:
please tigrenoir

Mili

I was a volunteer too with a friend, and we had the same problems as you! It is a pity, because all the other volunteers were very nice, but the "high organisation" was odious with people who give their time to make the competition take place!
lili

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah tigre don't talk about things you dont really know please
all the volunteers agree about the problem of the organisation
ok just seeing the competition you found it perfect
i cant do anything for you if you trust the appearences
that's all i have to say
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quote my own sentence

tigrenoir wrote:

After, I don't know, but I believe the professional like Guillermo, Barny, Sing Lo and Tom, and the other

OK ?

Me, I have seen a good organisation : for example, saturday my father had lost her "camera foot" (I don't know the translation of this word) in the tribune, and one of the organizer had found it and my father had can get back it the sunday, and they had also guar our own bagages when me and my father had going at the train-station to give the ticket for the RER

So I don't know where is the bad side of the organisation.

lili

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil no need to reply to this
trust what you want and who you want
tigrenoir

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I report simply I have seen : perhaps the organisation is bad for the professional, but personnally, I had no problem with.

But personnally, I prefer Thiais.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: