Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corbeil-Essonnes - 12-14 mai 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to read different opinions on this board, and I also think many people won't miss my work (not me) in any competition. That's fine. because it frees me from a lot of self-imposed responsability. I receive many e-mails from all around the world asking me to go on showing the events, so that they can at least have a look of what happens in RSG, because there's no other way to get those images as long as TV doesn't imply itself.

Knowing your opinion is really interesting, though I don't understand the tone you are using because I never intended to offend anybody, only to say what is a truth and what has been long discussed among press people. Of course there must be rules for all of us, and they do actually exist in all events, but nowhere so inconsistent like in Corbeil, where today you can go here, tomorrow no, this man can go where he wants because he's a friend and you can't because you're not. Such things makes us go crazy and led us to stay away from this competition.

I'm absolutely sure that you won't have as many videos of Corbeil as I'd have provided or like Thomas D. used to, because usually the girls of group C and B are sadly forgotten and go unnoticed. Anyhow, though I respect your opinion, I do not share it. Even the president of the organizing club told us that it was a shame for them with the amateur but hard (supposed) security. He told us that if he was the one to organize not only the sport activities but also security, things would be different for everybody, audience, press, etc.

By the way, I think that from the sports side, Corbeil is one of the biggest events in RSG and with more tradition, no doubt at all. Gymnasts and coaches complain about the training conditions and the absence of a high ceiling, but at the end they keep coming every year. That means a lot for a Tournament that gathers more gymnasts than the WC itself sometimes.

And I was speaking in name of Esther, Sing Lo, Tom, because we are close friends and we have discussed this issue a thousand times and we are all sad about it. It's nice to see that you only talk about me me among these others, but I really do think many people would miss the wonderfull work of these photographers, which are without any doubt among the very, very best of the world in RSG. And they are working to a loss of money, don't forget this, to show you the beauty of this sport, as I do.

Well, thank you for your contribution anyhow.

Guillermo

Last edited by Guillermo on Mon, 15-May-2006 11:30; edited 1 time in total
Mili

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

HappyGirl,
I can only suppose by your words that you were in the organizing comittee, cause you simply can't be a photographer or a press member with that green card! I met someone there who just moved once to have a better view of the chinese team (that he knows very well), and he was taken his green card and had to pay then his tickets Confused

Moreover, I was helping this year during 2 days (as i was last year) and nobody thanked us, told us how everything was going, nor gave us something to eat (we helped from 18h to 23h)
they just propose to some of use to get a reduction for the tickets and it was a big favour!!

for me, the results were fair, all the competition was really great on the carpet
but outside, super bad!

Mili

http://www.rgmax.gr.st
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lili

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply DO agree with mili
the organization was pretty bad it's a shame for such a tournament!
beeing a volunteer that year was a chore we were not treated as we would deserve for being helpful ( as if we should be happy to work and be able to watch some gyms freely AND JUST SHUT UP)
no thanks nothing i have just one thing to say next year i wont be there and to anybody who wanted to be a volunteer should follow my advice simply dont do it
except that the competition was quite interresting but that problem of organization spoilt everything
and i simply dont care about what people who dont agree with me think
that's all
Esther TM

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happygirl and

I don't care who you are. I just tell you that Guillermo can speak in my name about this competition in Corbeil.

NOTE: From all I'm going to say, M. THIERRY BEAU is excluded. He is a very nice and kind man. I also exclude M. le Maire de Corbeil, who had a big detail with us in 2003.

I was twice in Corbeil and I'll never go again, First year 2003, we thought that is was just a "bad year" and gave it a try again in 2004, because there are many interesting gymnasts competing in Corbeil.

But 2004, was the worst experience I ever had at a competition. We were constantly harrassed by the security man, btw some of these get drunk in the breaks between the groups and don't look after our equipment at all.

I was followed by one of them into the womens' restroom, because maybe I would do there something else than just peeing!!! After that it was clear that this competition would be eliminated from my calender.

After all I saw, I can only say that Corbeil looks to me as the private feud of an older man who likes young girls very much. Or how can you explain that this one is standing the whole competition in front of the gymnasts' tribune looking at the girls (oh, sorry he is a security guard) instead of looking at the comp? Or why this man kissed a Chinese gymnast from behind on the front? He came from behind, she didn't notice him and he kissed her!!!!!!! I saw this with my own eyes at the party in 2004.
I think that those people want to make us (the press) our life impossible there so that we won't go again in order to do what they want and nobody will report it, film it or take pictures. I think this man (and some others) are jealous because we (the photographers) know a lot of gymnasts personnally, the girls come to talk with us (at least in Corbeil they try but the ugly man tries to stop them).

I have no time now to tell everything what happened again, but if some of you feels offended but what Guillermo or me are saying, write me a PM and I'll give you my phone number and we can discuss the issues.

Esther
Canuck

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 15:52    Post subject: RESULTS NOW POSTED Reply with quote

http://www.ffgym.com/res_compet/06_gr_corbeil/resultats.htm
cloggy

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got the FULL results. struggling to find them!!! Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed
RSGFan01

PostPosted: Mon, 15-May-2006 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

happygirl wrote:
Guillermo, as you speak for everybody ( Esther,T.Theoblad,Sing Lo,Mili )
you must know that even if you were not there, and the top Russian gymnasts too, we didn't miss you at all.

Ehm.. I think when you say WE didn't miss you at all..you meant yourself, because I always loved Guillermo's videos from Corbeil and I miss them. He filmed almost all the girls and not only one routine, but 3 or 4.
He did this work for US...not only for hilmself ! The same about the photographers..WE love their work..because they are doing a great job and even if there will be other photographers too, but they can't replace them!!!!
We wouldn't have that many videos and photos if these people hadn't worked so hard Evil or Very Mad
I know everybody here has his own opinion about things like that, but your reply is a bit stupid, isn't it. And like Escalina said, why do you attack guillermo like that Question Question Question
happygirl

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mili " tu as tout faux ". I absolutely don't belong to the organizing comittee. I am F.I.G. Observer.
Escalina & RSGFan01, you said you miss the work of Guillermo.That is your right.I can understand that. But this has nothing to do with the Tournament of Corbeil.
Esther, if you have lived a bad experience until the restroom with a crazy man, you have to claim to the President of Organizing comitee or to the Police.You can find such crazy man in the street, in all countries.
But this has nothing to do with the Tournament of Corbeil.

Nobody has the right to shut down the reputation of the Best International Tournament in the World, for personal reason, it's own pride, it's own comfort or it's own interest.
Have you thought one second why all the best gymnasts want to come in Corbeil Tournament ?
The only one Tournament in the World, able to welcome Gymnasts from more than 40 countries.
The Organisation of Corbeil is made ABOVE ALL, for the World Best Gymnasts.
It's not made for the press or some private photographers.
This TOURNAMENT is existing from 33 Years. Some of you were not born.
it has been organized 32 times, with 34 Winners : 14 times for Bulgaria, 10 times for Russia, 9 times for Ukraine, 1 time for Belarus.
NO R.G. TOURNAMENT in the World has already been won by such quantity of High Level Gymnasts = 3 Olympic champions, 11 World Champions, many European champions.
Gymnasts from ALL 5 Continents of this Earth are coming. Many others would like to come.
So, the Reputation of this Tournament has been made by the Organizers , for ALL of these GYMNASTS, but not for some people who dream to go freely everywhere as if they were in their own home.

And realize that these high level gymnasts are not coming to be taken in video or pictures , but they are coming to meet all the other high level gymnasts.

Conclusion : it's not the private press or photographers who are going to made the rules in the organization.
Same for Mili & Lili. ,you have to realize that the organization is made for these High Level Gymnasts , not for the volonteers, because without Gymnasts you, the photographers, and me, we are nothing, and you wouldn't come .

The people who claim as some of you, are 1% of the audience. 99% went back home with a wonderful memory of this week-end.
Corbeil Essonnes Tournament will definitively stay a GREAT Competition.
dirkz

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I returned from Corbeil yesterday late in the evening. It was my 4th trip there and I finally decided not to go again to this competition (at least not as photographer). Now I think I was a bit blind before I went there because I knew that many friends will come to Corbeil and I expected to talk to all of them but I didn't want to remember that the organisation and security of this competition make this simply impossible. After 4 days I finally could say hello to Anahi for example. Others who tried to come to the press area were not allowed to go. Journalist can't cross the way of the deligations because of the security restrictions. It is also forbidden to enter the official hotel and meet somebody - last year I was kicked out by a man about Esther wrote...
I don't know why they do it like this - maybe something happened during these 32 years that they have a reason to do so but it's strange that they protect friends from each other. Of course, they can't know how good some people know each other but if it seems that one person takes an advantage for his own relationships to the different countries then something is wrong.
If I go again to Corbeil then I will do it only as a part of a delegation but we'll see. There are other more friendly competitions.

Dirk

P.S.: I want to thank Barny who made it possible for me to stay at his stand during break where all the other people had to leave the hall and wait outside. I also want to thank Mr. Beau who could change some of our wishes into reality and made the competition a bit more friendly. He is a very nice person.
Mili

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

happygirln i just have something to tell you:
bravo bravo for such comments

Mili

http://www.rgmax.gr.st
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

happygirl wrote:
Mili " tu as tout faux ". I absolutely don't belong to the organizing comittee. I am F.I.G. Observer.
Escalina & RSGFan01, you said you miss the work of Guillermo.That is your right.I can understand that. But this has nothing to do with the Tournament of Corbeil.
Esther, if you have lived a bad experience until the restroom with a crazy man, you have to claim to the President of Organizing comitee or to the Police.You can find such crazy man in the street, in all countries.

Nobody has the right to shut down the reputation of the Best International Tournament in the World, for personal reason, it's own pride, it's own comfort or it's own interest.
Have you thought one second why all the best gymnasts want to come in Corbeil Tournament ?
The only one Tournament in the World, able to welcome Gymnasts from more than 40 countries.
The Organisation of Corbeil is made ABOVE ALL, for the World Best Gymnasts.
It's not made for the press or some private photographers.
This TOURNAMENT is existing from 33 Years. Some of you were not born.
it has been organized 32 times, with 34 Winners : 14 times for Bulgaria, 10 times for Russia, 9 times for Ukraine, 1 time for Belarus.
NO R.G. TOURNAMENT in the World has already been won by such quantity of High Level Gymnasts = 3 Olympic champions, 11 World Champions, many European champions.
Gymnasts from ALL 5 Continents of this Earth are coming. Many others would like to come.
So, the Reputation of this Tournament has been made by the Organizers , for ALL of these GYMNASTS, but not for some people who dream to go freely everywhere as if they were in their own home.

And realize that these high level gymnasts are not coming to be taken in video or pictures , but they are coming to meet all the other high level gymnasts.

Conclusion : it's not the private press or photographers who are going to made the rules in the organization.
Same for Mili & Lili. ,you have to realize that the organization is made for these High Level Gymnasts , not for the volonteers, because without Gymnasts you, the photographers, and me, we are nothing, and you wouldn't come .

The people who claim as some of you, are 1% of the audience. 99% went back home with a wonderful memory of this week-end.
Corbeil Essonnes Tournament will definitively stay a GREAT Competition.

I also say a big BRAVO for showing your feelings. And I think you forgot the audience, they have nothing to do there for sure, because it's only for gymnasts and what if nobody watches it... it' the same, it will remain the best tournament ever.

Enjoy it, you can. We only suffer there. Other competitions will surely be happy to have all of us, bothering press, absurd photograpers and pityfull volunteers...
onabuffy

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirkz wrote:
. After 4 days I finally could say hello to Anahi for example. .

I had the same problem....
I have just speak really quickly with Anahi just before she takes the bus to the hotel but I have been lucky to see her walking behing the security barrier !
And I would have had to meet Nadine Hosny but I didn't have succed in it because people have any contact with gymnasts in anyway...

We aren't terrorist who want to hurt the gymnasts we are just some people who want to speak with them...
Esther TM

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sorry, but this crazy man belongs to the Organisation Committee (I can tell you his name by PM, maybe you are interested in it beeing a FIG observer) and the incident happened at the toilets supposed to be press toilets, not the public ones. I complained to M.Beau who felt very ashamed and apologized, but M. Beau, sportive director of the competition, can't do anything about the security.

In fact, one time M. Beau went with me outside to the supposed press room and said to the security men: "This girls is going to make a phone call to her agency, afterwards let her in again". He (Beau) went away , I made the phone call, and *big surprise* the security man wouldn't let me into the press zone again until the break was over. Luckily M. Beau passed again, I told him what had happened and he had a severe discussion with the guards, he even told them "il faut ętre un peu humain" and then they let me in again.

Meanwhile, the security man who followed me into the bathroom, was playing with the equipment of a friend of mine. very good security!

This competition in the sportive aspect is very good, because there are so many gymnasts from all over the world. But do you know why they are there?
It's surely not because of the splendid training conditions in a mini hall where they can't practise throws. This they have to do in a dark and small hall way in a limited time before going onto the carpet.

I think that this competition is either dominated by the arbitrary and self-imposed security guards or by a very strong dark force (whose name I don't want to say aloud).

Esther
dirkz

PostPosted: Tue, 16-May-2006 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

...that thing about playing with my equipment in 2004 I wanted to write in my next pose but I still can't forgive it. How can a security guy go to my things and play with a 9500 € toy just without asking me. I still have no words about that and it never happened somewhere else in thw world.
The sam guy called me always "Allemand!" or this year first "Helmut!" until I said again my real name.... No more comments.
Dirk
happygirl

PostPosted: Wed, 17-May-2006 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guillermo, don't lock yourself up in your resentment. Have a larger view,not only this of the press.
I have written :
" ....of the audience. 99% went back home with a wonderful memory of this week-end. ".....because on this board , it's not the audience who claims the most often.
and you answer = " ...I think you forgot the audience"...

onabuffy = If you were high level gymnast you would understand why it's necessary to give them a close security./
Don't think only of your pleasure to be near a champion, or to take a picture with her.

People who cannot understand that seems not better than a football supporter.

For Esther & Dirk, what happened is very regrettable, and that will be said , for sure, until the high responsible of the City of Corbeil.
But one more time, that prove that the security around the gymnasts is necessary, everywhere, from the Competition Hall to the Hotel.

Bad men , unfortunately ar in all countries, even among policemen, that's why we have to take care.
Concerning the Competition itself, Corbeil stays the greatest off course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: