Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was there any other country apart from Russia??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index ŧ Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
mar_m

PostPosted: Thu, 28-Sep-2006 16:35    Post subject: Was there any other country apart from Russia?????? Reply with quote

That is so sad for a rythmic gymnastics lover (like myself) to watch other countries being overcomed by Russia at major competitions. I mean, they sure have the technique and they do have amazing gymnasts but yet there are so many other gymnasts from other countries who are left out because Russia always overshadows other countries.

I was in Moscow to witness the whole European Competition. I saw the Russian shine their gold medals around but I have also seen amazing performances by other gymnasts, most of them practicly unknown by the general public. Just because they're not from Russia it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not as good as the russians. I think it's time to give some space to other countries to , other gymnasts to shine, and there are so many left aside. (And I proved it myself).

Countries who are improving:

-AZERBAIJAN

- BULGARIA (Great technique)

- SPAIN

- ITALY

- PORTUGAL

- GREECE

Names to remember:

- Aliya Garayeva (AZERBAIJAN)

- Filipa Siderova (BULGARIA)

- Jennifer Colino (SPAIN)

- Sara Caetano (PORTUGAL - amazing hoop routine and yet 11th place)

- Eleni Andriola (GREECE)

And so many others I've probably forgot. I remember these group of gymnasts because in my opinion they were almost as good as the Russians. Meanwhile, let's hope they can make it next time. Probably Russia will be at the podium as always... whatever. I just think that's such a shame. Mad

By the way: Bessonova deserved gold! Sessina Silver and Godunko Bronze. Kabayeva didnīt deserve to step on the podium in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Sep-2006 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree about Sara Caetano Love (PORTUGAL) and Eleni Andriola Love (GREECE) Wink
Wednesday

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Sep-2006 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Zhukova deserved being in the podium instead of Sessina.

Bessonova, Godunko and Inna have a lot of merit in their sport career because I find very difficult to try to do your best in each competition when you know that you are going to be beated by any Russian gymnast: Kabaeva or Marina Shpekht, it doesn't matter. And they always give their best!

It's almost impossible to find a solution. RG it's a very special sport. For instance, in football (soccer) you never find a Spanish referee in a match of Spanish national team. In RG you find a Russian judge in a competition where Russian gymnasts participate, and the best of all a national team manager can be a judge! It seems a joke but it's true.
mar_m

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Sep-2006 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think Sara was the revelation of these champs, at least to me. I have never seen her before, never heard of her till I saw her live in Moscow. Wonderful figure and very expressive on the carpet. Really great gymnast with a promissing future ahead of her. She is still a Junior after all.

If anyone here could get a video of her at these Europeans it would be really great! Very Happy

Her hoop routine as well as her clubs routine were both very good endeed.

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Sep-2006 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you can find photos and videos of her at bucharest on the related topic of the competition she went last month Wink Razz
maite.hummel

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Sep-2006 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

but as far as i know the gymnasts from azerbaidjan are pupils of irina viner, so they also train in moscow. same thing with kasachstan. it is a trend that also figure skating shows. former countries of the ussr participate independently although they are trained by the russian delegation. so it is not a wonder that they improved.
Cirilio

PostPosted: Fri, 29-Sep-2006 15:34    Post subject: Re: Was there any other country apart from Russia?????? Reply with quote

mar_m wrote:
That is so sad for a rythmic gymnastics lover (like myself) to watch other countries being overcomed by Russia at major competitions. I mean, they sure have the technique and they do have amazing gymnasts but yet there are so many other gymnasts from other countries who are left out because Russia always overshadows other countries.

I was in Moscow to witness the whole European Competition. I saw the Russian shine their gold medals around but I have also seen amazing performances by other gymnasts, most of them practicly unknown by the general public. Just because they're not from Russia it doesn't necessarily mean that they're not as good as the russians. I think it's time to give some space to other countries to , other gymnasts to shine, and there are so many left aside. (And I proved it myself).

I was so behind you until the entire bessonova thing. I really don't like her and think she's an awful representation of a rhythmic gymnast. I hope she retires soon and we never hear her freakin name again!

Countries who are improving:

-AZERBAIJAN

- BULGARIA (Great technique)

- SPAIN

- ITALY

- PORTUGAL

- GREECE

Names to remember:

- Aliya Garayeva (AZERBAIJAN)

- Filipa Siderova (BULGARIA)

- Jennifer Colino (SPAIN)

- Sara Caetano (PORTUGAL - amazing hoop routine and yet 11th place)

- Eleni Andriola (GREECE)

And so many others I've probably forgot. I remember these group of gymnasts because in my opinion they were almost as good as the Russians. Meanwhile, let's hope they can make it next time. Probably Russia will be at the podium as always... whatever. I just think that's such a shame. Mad

By the way: Bessonova deserved gold! Sessina Silver and Godunko Bronze. Kabayeva didnīt deserve to step on the podium in my opinion.

I was so behind you until the bessonova Thing. I don't like anythign about her gymnastics other than her jumps. But everything else is nothing else special. I'd rather watch paint dry. I hope she retires soon so people will stop complaining that she's not winning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index ŧ Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: