Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARG National Champs-7th Oct (Anahi, Antonella, Analia)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 5:15    Post subject: ARG National Champs-7th Oct (Anahi, Antonella, Analia) Reply with quote

News from Cordoba, Argentina
Saturday, October 7th was Argentina National Championships and just time to post All-Around senior winners...

1. Anahi Sosa (Cordoba)
2. Antonella Yacobelli (Cordoba)
3. Analia Serenelli (Buenos Aires)

Apologize, do not have full results for seniors, juniors and children. (Hope someone from ARG can fill in more info for you.) Little history and notes--> Anahi is 8 times national champion now. Antonella won last year (Anahi had broken foot). Cordoba wins team gold with Buenos Aires silver. Here is quick photo (L-R) Tone, Silvina Marquez (coach), Anahi...
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Anahi for the victory and to all the other gymnasts for their daily hard work.

¡Aguante Argentina!

Guillermo
anais

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to anahi too!!
She is so beautifull!!
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Anahí!! So niece to see her beeing on top after a difficult periode Smile
FaerieDevilish

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felicidades Anahí!!!! I'm so happy for her!!!!

I can't wait to see her compete again in another intl. competition.
Nadousha

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats anahiiiii
gr8 success
and good luck for your coming up events
purple

PostPosted: Sun, 8-Oct-2006 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Tom and congratulation to Anahi!
Liliana G

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Oct-2006 0:22    Post subject: Congratulations to Anahí and Antonella, the both. Reply with quote

Congratulations to both, because they are since 1999 the best gymnast in the history of rhythmic gymnastics in Argentina. Anahí won 8 times and Antonella won last year and the other, she was second. Yesterday, Anahí said: "I am not totally happy because I did not compete as well as it could. Tone competed better than I did". But Tone said: "I did not do it as well as I had again to be number one. Things are OK: Anahí in first place and I in second one, because now, the most important competition for us are the Odesur Games (South American Games), next month. Anahí, Profe Silvina and I are a team, and today we showed all the people we worked hard to be the best. "
Silvina, their coach, said: "I'm happy because they are "my girls, my daughters" and just like are all the daughters in the world, they are different. But they both work hard, give all from them to rhythmic everyday , and now, they open their minds to other interests, to other ways in the life. That's because they are sufficiently mature to do it, without neglecting their preparation in the sport."
Now then story on Tom, since I imagine that he himself will do it opportunely. But we enjoyed much his presence in Cordoba, we love him and we verified that he is a great professional and a great person. Tom promised to return soon and we hoped that he does it. This has been one short visit and our province has many beautiful places that we wished that he knows and he enjoys.
A small anecdote for the forum: Finally after the medals ceremony, Tone removed the one that she won in the individual competition (second place) and put it on Tom. Then Tone took off the gold medal for teams, and put it on her trainer, Silvina. Tone is very timid, but she loves much her trainer, and feels much affection and admiration by Tom.
gymnast stefie

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Oct-2006 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulations Anahi. You go girl!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 9-Oct-2006 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Anahi, Antonella and Analia !! Love
midpoint

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Oct-2006 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to read this page but it is the firs time that I write on it.

My point is:

Anahi won, but did she really deserve de victory? In my opinion, the answer is clearly NO.

She made lots of mistakes. Follows a short list, just as an example:

rope: many times rope droped it
clubes: finished without aparatus
ball: skiped some important difficulties
ribbon: knot in the ribbon from the middle to the end of the skim

Apart from the above Anahi seemed to be out of shape (some pounds above).

I think that none can fairly understand (Anahì included) how judges made their decition. She should probably be ranked 5th in a fair decision. Tom was there. perhaps you or someone else can post COMPLETE skims from Anahì and the other 4 girls that finished bellow.

I aimed to write because it is not the first time that this lack of justice takes place, but this time was too much.

I really apologize writing this. I understand Anahìs importance for argentinian RG and also her brilliant trajectory. I also beleve that she is a lovely girl, but she does no need fhis kind of favors to enlarge her CV.

It is also discouraging for the rest of the girls that had better performances and were not recognoiced.

To be clear: I am no judging if she the best or not. I am saying that she deservered not be the winer of this competition (and some other before).

My last word is for the judges: you rule the RG. Do not artificialy perpetuate a myth like Kabaeba. It is not in favor of Argentinian RG, is unfair for the rest of the gymnasts and at the end of the day will go against you too.

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Oct-2006 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is true, how disappointing is it... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Carol_Gr

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Oct-2006 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom and Liliana for their nice reports!

But....

Pleasee, midpoint, think better in all your words before writing...
Sure, you can think everything you want but maybe you should think before say something so idiot and unbased..
For us, Anahí is in a great shape this year, and in our opinion, maybe the best in her career... more mature and doing all difficults routines, doing a hard work - as always.. In Rhythmic have many things for considerer when you're doing a score.. and don't forget that her thecnical quality is clearly superior and her artistic value is very high, cause she interpret the music, she is so beautiful and clear on carpet...
We also love Tone's gymnastc, and we dont want to say who deserve or not the victory because we werent there, but I think you don't have the right to talk this about Anahí, she deserves as or more than the others girls, and is making a beautiful and hard work for Argentina's Rg!

Kisses,

Carol_Gr and **Carolzinha**
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 12-Oct-2006 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I can only make quick comment (flight connection at moment) and with luck quick photo. Basically I agree with Carol_Gr and particularly her words...
Quote:
...and don't forget that her technical quality is clearly superior and her artistic value is very high, cause she interpret the music, she is so beautiful and clear on carpet...

Above statement was my immediate impression afterward. In reference "Midpoint"...there are several ways to see this. Yes, Anahi herself was not happy with her work (and she let us know). Buenos Aires clubs were not happy either re the team results and in general. I don't know exactly the conditions in Buenos Aires (maybe Midpoint can say from his or her perspective)...I can just say what Silvina is able to do, is alot given the conditions. Anahi and Tone do not have it easy. Just I will say they have to share the hall with volleyball and basketball teams. Other things I can add...physically Anahi has had the most challenging year since her broken foot. Several rhythmic gymnasts of this period have foot problems (Simona, Irina Tchachina, Anya) and Anahi has had to work around foot complications same as her competitors. She still needs time (for healing) and we are not seeing all she can do because of this.

I will finish with same remark given in the radio interview (for the Saturday morning sport show the week before). I was asked to compare Anahi with the other internationals. It was an easy answer. I will elaborate more now... Ask yourself (when you are watching the group B and C gymnasts on video), "Do many of the gymnast's routines seem to be similiar?" I say many do and even among many group A gymnasts, this can be said also. Betty and Stela Sultanova have said as much in a recent interview. As a photographer, I agree and I know my colleagues feel the same. I say also there are not that many gymnasts that really add their own personality (and cultural music tradition) to their routines (think a little bit and you can name a few...there are not many). Anahi is one of the few that attempts to do this...and it works. This is still my impression from Cordoba. This year same as previous years Anahi endeavors to do this. This was basically my answer (stated much more simply then) when they interviewed me on Cordoba radio. Don't worry, Anahi, Tone, Analia, Vanessa represent Argentina very well...

Try to add a photo to the post later. I have a flight just now... -T
midpoint

PostPosted: Fri, 13-Oct-2006 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is clear:

1) Anahi got an unfair victory
2) In this competition she was out of shape
3) It is not the first time that this thing happen in Argentina. It is the irst time that this affair comes out
4) At least 4 gymnasts were demaged

I can add

1) According with Carol, Anahì is the best gimnast in argentinian history
2) Different than Carol, I watch the tournament while she dident

also:

1) Acording with Tom, Argentina has a great team, but it is not the team that fairly arised from the competition. I think Daria and perhaps Sofìa performed in this tournamet better than Anahì. The order i not fair according performances.
2) Diffferent than Tom, I was not living in Anahìs house. Perhaps this coul biass his mind...

Regards,
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: