Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skirted Unitards - Details?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
Isabel

PostPosted: Sun, 23-Nov-2003 14:17    Post subject: Skirted Unitards - Details? Reply with quote

Has anyone had an opportunity to see how the skirted unitards are constructed? Several people have asked me to make these for them and since there is no information about what "is allowed", I would like to find out what "has been allowed".

The skirted unitards seem to look best when the legs of the unitard are done in mesh. Unitards occasionally get holes in the knees, particularily when a gymnast has a slide in their routine, and my concern is that it would be very easy to get a hole in a mesh leg.

Are these suits done as a leotard with a set of mesh leggings worn underneath? This seems like a good solution since the leggings could just be replaced if they are damaged. Would this be legal? I would very much appreciate any information about how to approach this style in a practical fashion.

Leotards are getting fancier and as a result cost more. This trend is now adding the cost of a fancy skirt to the cost of the unitard. What's next?
Svet T.

PostPosted: Wed, 26-Nov-2003 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

By the looks of it, it seemed the same as an ordinary leotard with an attached skirt. Only instead making the ordinary leo cut at the bottom (like a panty), they made it as a leggings ( like that of a unitard).

It's an observation based on Alina Kabaeva's white and black suit in 2002, for clubs (Hava Nagalia).

By the way, i like your designs. Hope i was of help.

Svet T.
Isabel

PostPosted: Fri, 28-Nov-2003 13:30    Post subject: Skirted Unitards Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. It's great that you enjoy our designs! We don't often get to design what we like as most often we must work within the customer's guidelines and are very busy completing such orders. With Mary Sander's hoop and ribbon leotards, we designed to please ourselves and she then selected them.

I've written to FIG in hope of getting information about what is illegal or not about the skirted unitards but have not heard back from them yet. Personally I an not excited about this style, but gymnasts are always looking for something new and different looking and are curious about the possibilities of this type of costume. I liked the use of this by one of the Ice Dancing pairs when they did a 50's style dress with what was made to look like high boots. This might be over the top for rhythmic but would be an idea for a show routine.

If I hear from FIG, I'll post the reply.
Invisible Hedgehog

PostPosted: Mon, 1-Dec-2003 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not written in technical regulations under "allowed" title that a gymnast can wear a skirted catsuit. It was just a present for Alina and Viner from Maria Gigova that Alina didn't get 0,2 deduction
Isabel

PostPosted: Mon, 1-Dec-2003 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top gymnasts definitely seem to be exempt from various dress codes not only the use of skirted unitards.

The rules state that leotards must be lined below the chest area. Some gymnasts get around this by wearing a camisole or body liner underneath. There are many photos of gymnasts competing internationally without any lining or camisole. I haven't heard of any deductions for this. Has anyone? It isn't fair that some gymnasts go to extra expense to stay within the rules while others ignore them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: