Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pants and Skirts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
Dorin Ron

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Jul-2004 11:42    Post subject: Pants and Skirts Reply with quote

Am I the only one that thinks that there is hardly a gymnast who the "pants" with the skirt look good on? I mean... They have to be real skinny gymnasts cause otherwise it looks like they have gained weight.
I can understand why these "pants" are more comfortable than just a skirt, but they don't look good on most gymnasts...
Kisses ~*Dorin*~
Angel Li

PostPosted: Fri, 2-Jul-2004 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the one you're look for. Smile
Well, personally I don't like that kind of leo, too(just my opinion).
liltawen

PostPosted: Sat, 3-Jul-2004 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so either. Much as I like her take a look at Katya Pizetsky's black and white (ball generally) leotard as she wore it at the D-cup in Kiev and then at the same leotard with black tights as Katya wore it at the EC in Kiev. It just isn't as pretty.
Olya

PostPosted: Mon, 5-Jul-2004 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesss!!! Theese leos are absolutely horrible and make the gymnasts fatter...
Katya's one was a relly lovely leo, but when she put on thoose tights... Shocked
Miss Gymnast

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Jul-2004 7:57    Post subject: gsfdg Reply with quote

I think it depends on the design and colors used. Some look pretty in my opinion. Usually the ones with black or colored tights look bad and make them look fatter. I like the ones with skin color tights where they use rhinestones and appliques that match the leotard.

UGLY:

NOT UGLY (I've seen prettier ones):
[/img]
Angel Li

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Jul-2004 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you, Miss Gymnast. Very Happy For example, Anna's leo and pants from her ball routines are beautiful too BUT still... I prefer leos only, without the pants.
Just my opinion.
Dorin Ron

PostPosted: Wed, 7-Jul-2004 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Anya is one of the only gymnasts which these leos look nice on her... Her spider one is nice and also the white one for ball... I also like Sveta's for clubs (black).
Kisses ~*Dorin*~
kim81

PostPosted: Tue, 7-Sep-2004 21:28    Post subject: Dressing code is out of control Reply with quote

Hello
The leos with pants and a dresses look not suitable to the sport of RSG.Most of the spectator wonder even what this dressing supposed to be or what kind of combination that might be.
All this dressing code ruined one of the main atraction of RSG, those leos with dresses and overcoloured designs distract the elegance and the abilities what RSG used to be.

Just look at the media and gymnastic magzines, durng the 90's you could find lot's of pictures related to RSG - but now - a newspaper or magazine barly add a small pictures of the gymnasts - no wonder. Sad

Let's hope something changes soon.
Rhythmicfriend

PostPosted: Tue, 7-Sep-2004 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the tights with the leotards with skirts there are different aspects to discuss =

1°) the Rules in the actual COP.

For me I think that it is not normal and scandalous that the Responsibles of F.I.G. Rhythmic Technical Comitee - (Mrs ABRUZZINI has given actually this Responsability to Maria GUIGOVA-) leave the girls wearing those tights without any changement in the COP.
That is quite unjust and unfair for thousand of Gymnasts who respect the COP, while a few of them, can do what they want , without any penalty.
The RULES have not changed yet, because normally they change during the FIG Congress who follows the Olympic Games.
So, why a special rule for a few Top Gymnasts and why not for ALL the others.

I advice all of you to wait and check with care, the next rules which will come soon after the next Congress, and to examinate carefully WORD after WORD.

Until now , the tight is ONLY allowed to be worn OVER the leotard , but NO TEXT says that you are allowed to wear it under a Leotard .
WHY ? because at the origin, they didn't want that the Gymnasts whom most of them are children under 18 years old, could seem as Adults in Fitness, with a leotard over the tight , cut as a string panty. It would not be decent for the young gymnasts.
And NO TEXT says that you are allowed to wear a Tight with a Skirt.
But it seems now that FIG Responsibles are blind, and they leave some , doing all what they want.

2°) The Look or fashion .

For my opinion, if the tight is in lace not too thick, that could be beautiful to see. It is not ugly. But everybody can appreciate or not,.
That belongs to the feeling of each of us , and we must respect it. Everybody doesn't like the same leotards too. Some gymnasts can think they are beautiful with that or this leoatard and some can find it 's quite ugly. Why not?

3°) The Price.

Actually for a very beautiful Leotard with Skirt, well cut and well decorate with jewels and sequins, with good quality of fabrics, the average price is between 240 to 300 US Dollars.That is a very correct price corresponding to a very correct quality .
Some are cheaper of course, but excepted if you put yourself all the jewels and sequins, when you buy them, there are no jewels on it or just a few of them. Some other for High level gymnasts are sold much more expensive. On last World championships and on Olympic Games some gymnasts had bought leotards more than 600 US Dollars.
Most of the girls who use a UNITARD with the long legs, have made the bad experience to have a hole on the knees , after some trainings or 2 or 3 competitions. That happened to many gymnasts.
But as the Unitards were usually made of Lycra or Velvet, is was easy to repair , without to change and buy quickly another unitard.Because this kind of fabric is strong enough.
But those NEW TIGHTS, with designs on them , and jewels sometimes, are made of thin and transparent lace, NOT STRONG at all, but their price is very expensive, because for now they are not yet sold in big quantities.
And they are not so resistant , when the gymnast roll on the carpet, and they can have a hole very quicly.
So as Parents, it becomes more and more expensive , if after a nice leotard with skirt at 240/300 US dollars - price reasonable for a good quality, but enough important, you have to buy a new tight after each competition or warm up.
So It's not adviced to ask young gymnasts to buy those tights. They can be beautiful enough with a nice Leotard with skirt and jewels on it.
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Wed, 8-Sep-2004 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

generally I don't like it, but if they wear pants that are mesh fabric, with only crystals on, I don't mind, because then it just look like the gymnasts leggs are sparkling! Of course there are some nice ones and some ugly ones...!
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Sep-2004 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhythmicfriend wrote:
So, why a special rule for a few Top Gymnasts and why not for ALL the others.

No, everybody's wearing them now, not only " a few top gymnasts"
Rhythmicfriend

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Sep-2004 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't understand, what I mean.
Until today September 9-2004, the COP has not changed yet.
Until now, No rule allowed to wear the Tights under the Leotard with a skirt.
I mean that some Gymnasts and Coaches are very correct in respecting those rules.
Why some other take the liberty to don't follow the actual COP?
And WHY the judges close their eyes and don't give them penalties?
That is the true question.
anjie

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Sep-2004 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not completely wrong, you can put a tight under or over a leotard. You can also put a skirt on a leotard. It doesn't say if you cannot mix them.
Rhythmicfriend

PostPosted: Fri, 10-Sep-2004 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, you are wrong.
The Congress of FIG will comme soon and we will see what will be the NEW rules.
But until today, the TEXT of the rule is that that Tight must be worn only ON (over) the leotard. But NOT UNDER.
The Text says too, that the DRESS of a Gymnast is the Leotard.
Then , you can wear a Tight ON (over) the leotard , or a one piece ( UNITARD )leotard with legs. Then after Sydney , it has been added ONLY these words = " it's possible to ADD to THE LEOTARD a Skirt ".
NO TEXT says you are allowed to add to the leotard a Skirt + the tights .That is NOT ALLOWED until today.
As you can see, some coaches ask their gymnasts to respect this TEXT of Rule, while a few other don't care of the rule.
That is not normal , because if today anybody does what he wants, tomorrow, you will find gymnasts with small balls, ribbon of 4 meters,&...
Jonathan

PostPosted: Fri, 10-Sep-2004 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhythmicfriend explains it very well. Still they have not been permitted in the COP. But the thing is, Alina was the first to do it, and Mariya Gigova can always find a loophole for the Russians, and make excuses when asked. En + Russia was the first to do it. if anyone else did it first surely it wouldn't have been allowed. It's one rule for Russia and a different rule for everyone else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: