Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Do You Prefer... Kushernova, Or Shurkhal?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Sun, 27-Apr-2008 21:51    Post subject: Who Do You Prefer... Kushernova, Or Shurkhal? Reply with quote

This is a really random topic... But Ive been thinking, Bessonova and Godunko have had a huge career, and have done amazing! However, if Bessonova wins the OG, what is there for her to accomplish? Anyway... Since the departure of Irina Kovalchuk, the future of Ukrainian Rhythmic Gymnasts lies in the hands of Daria Kushernova, and Valeria Shurkhal... Now they are both very talented young gymnasts, and have a whole future ahead of them... Who, in your opinion, is better? IMO they are close, and each have there own speciality... I love Kushnerova's turns, and I love Shurkhal's pivots... Anyone elses opinions?
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Sun, 27-Apr-2008 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Shurkhal. In 2006 I didn't see the big deal about her, and I absolutely loved Kushnerova, especially that wonderful clubs routine with those fantastic balances, but I don't see as much improvement in Dasha as I do in Lera. And for some reason, Dasha is sort of unelegant in my eyes.
Anyway, I really hope they continue improving and grow up to be stars like we are used to seeing from UKR! Very Happy
Hooby

PostPosted: Sun, 27-Apr-2008 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valeriya Shurkhal. I am not familiar with Daria but the both will make Ukraine's future in RG bright soon. Wink
*Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something.You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it.
Skazala

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a hard decision. Smile
I prefer Shurkal. I believe that she has more variety and potential. Daria is very good, too, though.
Celes

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were great at the Grand prix Marbella 2008. I loved both of them. I'd have to watch their routines again to choose my favourite, but both were so graceful and did it very well.
Begotxu

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Shurkal over Kushernova Very Happy
Tyushka

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I prefer Shurkhal, because we trained for a long time with her until she left to Kiev with her parents.
zimbambo

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kushnerova is better, but i like both Very Happy
Jana

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I watched all 4 routines of both I can say that I prefer Kushnerova. She has very nice choreographies and its just fun to watch her Smile
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I prefer Shurkhal, her rope routine is so amazing... I love the opening, pivoting on the rope as it wraps around her foot... Brilliant! IMO, Kushernova only has one strong point, her turns... Her leg flexibility is incredible too!
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? That's not fair. Dasha also has extremely good balances, better than most top gymnasts in the world!
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaja =) wrote:
What? That's not fair. Dasha also has extremely good balances, better than most top gymnasts in the world!

Thats why I put IMO, to express that I feel this way... Of course other people are going to have a different view
anjie

PostPosted: Mon, 28-Apr-2008 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really paid attention to them... I watched the videos from Marbella, though, and I've seen some of them before. First of all, I would like to say that I don't regard any of them as complete gymnasts yet, but they're on their way towards that.

IMO, Shurkal has lovely pivots, but not so good jumps (but I guess that will be taken care of Wink ), and she has a tendency to not fix her difficulties properly. She also has begun to develop a special presence on the carpet.

Kushnerova has amazing difficulties, but seems to be a bit careful when she's executing them - she doesn't seem to give everything. She has good jumps, but her pivots aren't perfect (but then again - she will have to learn that, or to do her best). She is a better gymnast technically in my eyes, but she is slower than Shurkal and hasn't begun to use her music and express herself through her movements in the same way that Shurkal does.

Then again, they're only 16 or 17, aren't they? The level of their routines are high, so I guess that they're working towards reaching that in every aspect. They do not need to peak this year though, so I guess we will se both of them improving later on.

Funnily enough, I remember a similar topic on Kovalchuk and Shyrkina (haha, their last names are both starting on S and K - this must be a miracle Razz (yeah, bad joke. But I am really tired etc...))
Celes

PostPosted: Tue, 29-Apr-2008 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching again her routines in Marbella, I'll say I prefer Shurkal, but I like both very much.
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Thu, 1-May-2008 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's definitly Kushnerova!!! After seeing her at DC I am convinced that she is the next Bessonova Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: