Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bessonova Interview!!! translated
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
DontMessWithBess

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 6:34    Post subject: New Bessonova Interview!!! translated Reply with quote

okay guys, here is the first part......and the link

http://gazeta.ua/index.php?id=287959&lang=ru

Title: “Anna Bessonova took off clothes for a men’s journal”

(1st Pictures footnote): In the Olympics-2008 in Beijing, the doping body tested the gymnast Anna Bessonova three times but still found nothing.

Intro: The world champion in rhythmic gymnastics, 24 year old Anna Bessonova took part on a men’s magazine “XXL.” She was photographed in latex shorts, tiny jean shorts, and dresses without straps. On her head-an artificial tied back braid that reaches the waist. Supporters of Bessonova write on the internet that her feminine-vamp (vampire) appearance does not suit her. They see it as (too) aggressive.

“I don’t plan to go into the modeling business, but I really liked being a model”—the gymnast admits. They say that for the session she did not take money, even though usually magazines pay $10,000 for such photo sessions.

More to follow, sorry…I have to go to bed. Bye for now Kiss Cheek Love
Eulucil

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is beatiful in those photos!! Love

Razz Vampire-look WOW Twisted Evil
cidlover

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utyasheva modeled for that magazine, but I can't post the pictures here.

Also, those pictures of Bessonova scare me!
DontMessWithBess

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued…..

Anna trains in Kiev, in the rhythmic gymnastics school of Albina and Irina Diurugina. “She goes early in the morning and returns at 10 at night”-said the “GPU” mother of Anna, (lol, GPU is the Ukrainian police), the world champion in the group competition Victoria Bessonova. “We can only talk to our daughter on the weekends. On the weekends Anna likes to go shopping and to the discotekas. She does not have a boyfriend.” “I don’t have time for romance”—says the gymnast. “The ideal guys for me are my father and my brother.” The father of the gymnast-is the former soccer great Vladimir Bessonov. At the current moment he is training the soccer club “Dnepr.” The brother-is a professional tennis player. “In our childhood, my sister and I were not still like water,” (don’t know how to translate that part) “when we were 5-6 years old we decided that when we were going to grow up that we would marry. But our mom saddened us when she said that it is not possible.” –Alexander recalls. Vladimir Bessonov calls his greatest pleasure his family. “In the year 1990, I refused to play for an Israeli team because I wanted to spend more time with my loved ones,” he explained. “Sometimes I taught Sasha to cut things with a saw, that was my childhood pleasure. Till this day there are some toys that remain that I did for Anna.” Anna Bessonova wanted to be a ballerina when she was younger.

there is another interview with Anna that came out just yesterday! the interview was after the Diurugina Cup and she says that she is coming to portugal next week, I will strart translating it now Love
cidlover

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a "discoteka"?
DontMessWithBess

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

it means club or a dance hall.
Marts85

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot!!
DontMessWithBess

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

you welcome guys Kiss Cheek , if some of the words are confusing, just let me know
Eulucil

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how the surnames go in Ukraine... I thought that it was like in Russia or other countries, where they put -eva or -ova...
But in Ukraine some gymnasts have different surnames, like Godunko or Maksymenko. Embarassed Can somebody explain me why?
cidlover

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Apr-2009 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

-enko and -unko are common surname suffixes in Eastern Slavic languages, AFAIK.

Also note that most last names have masculine and feminine forms. e.g.:
Vladamir Bessonov (Anna's dad)
Anna Bessonova
DontMessWithBess

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

the date of the article is april 12th
http://other.sport.com.ua/news.php?id=64198&noredir

this sheds more light on what happened..... Confused

Anna Bessonova will step out on the carpet in April but Natalia Godunko is not appearing in the training centers. On Saturday in the Czech town of Brno the second round of the Grand Prix is going to take place. The new generation of graceful gymnasts—Alina Maksimenko and Daria Kushnerova will protect the honor of the domestic rhythmic program. Today, with Albina Diurugina in charge, they are going to the Czech Republic. The head trainer is not putting any super tasks in front for the gymnasts, because their programs are absolutely new. Even though the Ukrainians already presented them to the judges in early March on front stage in Moscow. In the classification there Maksimenko earned ninth place, Kushnerova- 14th. In the rope final Alina got 6th place. –“Dasha could have performed even better if the injury didn’t hamper her chances, she twisted her ankle.”—says a correspondent for “CE” (the news website) Albina Diurugina. They already have the international experience in a higher level of gymnastics. Alina performed in the Olympics for the group competition, and Dasha triumphed as the winner of the World Cup for juniors. For Anna Bessonova, who continues to actively train, her first start will be at the home Grand Prix, which will take place on April 9-12 in the Capital Palace. “In august we will have another international competition equivalent of a World Cup held at Capital Palace” –Diurugina added. Whichever of these two competitions will actually be the “Diurugina Cup” depends on financing. Another one of our idols Natalia Godunko seems likely to have already “closed” her sporting career. While she has not officially declared it, she has not been seen in a training hall for a very lengthy time. “Right after the Olympiad Natasha left to rest, and appeared only in December”—Albina Nikolayevna adds perplexingly “she explained her absence was caused by an illness but she disappeared again since then. She does not call the trainers, not even to Anna. We don’t even know where she is.”

By: Irina Golinko, gazette “CE in Ukraine”
Youandi

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy
black_magic

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the articles, it's so nice to have someone translate them Wink

and considering the names, the bessonov/bessonova thing (male and female versions) as far as i know, it goes back to the times when women were men's property, and the -a in the end means something like of bessonov/ bessonov's, like she belongs to him, and that stayed in tradition... and of course there are also other sufixes, some of which also have m/f forms, so i guess it's the same thing with them....
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eulucil wrote:
I don't understand how the surnames go in Ukraine... I thought that it was like in Russia or other countries, where they put -eva or -ova...
But in Ukraine some gymnasts have different surnames, like Godunko or Maksymenko. Embarassed Can somebody explain me why?

This was discussed here: http://www.rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3146&highlight=chuk#3146 Very Happy
plami

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not because women were the property of men Very Happy .

All those suffixes mean that a certain person comes from a certain family- he/she/they belong to that family. In Anna's case, the family is Bezson. Then the suffixes come:

ovi- the whole Bessonovi family
ova - a woman belonging to that family
ov - a man belonging to that family

It's extremely simple. The suffixes should depend also on the type of family name but they aren't these days. During the 19th century (and even 20th c), nationalism was very strong in Europe and in E. Europe different countries chose to use a certain suffix to "differentiate" from another nation. Thus you have -ov in Russia, Bulgaria, enko in Ukraine, ic in Serbia and Croatia, ski in Poland and Macedonia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: