Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bessonova Interview!!! translated
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
black_magic

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

a teacher of mine once told me that when we were studying russian realism... haha, guess she was wrong.

ot: anna looks nice in the first two photos of the first interview but i don't like the last one... the one on which she's in a dress
Eulucil

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Apr-2009 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

plami wrote:
It's not because women were the property of men Very Happy .

All those suffixes mean that a certain person comes from a certain family- he/she/they belong to that family. In Anna's case, the family is Bezson. Then the suffixes come:

ovi- the whole Bessonovi family
ova - a woman belonging to that family
ov - a man belonging to that family

It's extremely simple. The suffixes should depend also on the type of family name but they aren't these days. During the 19th century (and even 20th c), nationalism was very strong in Europe and in E. Europe different countries chose to use a certain suffix to "differentiate" from another nation. Thus you have -ov in Russia, Bulgaria, enko in Ukraine, ic in Serbia and Croatia, ski in Poland and Macedonia.

Thanks to everyone!! All of your posts helped me a lot!! Love

Regarding to properties, I think that in every society sexism is evident. In some countries, the woman has to loose her surname when she gets married. Children inherit father's surname. In other countries (for example Spain), women don't loose their surname when they get married, and children have two surnames (first one for the father and second one for the mother), but, since only first one goes to your children, only father surname survives, so it stills being sexist.

That reflects the father is the responsible one (or the "head") of a family.
Saunatyttö

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Jul-2009 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure should I open a new topic for a new interview with Anna Bessonova?

Anyway here is the link http://www.ub2009.org/eng/Contents/Content2.aspx?sid=55&id=88&cid=4243
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Jul-2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saunatyttö wrote:
I am not sure should I open a new topic for a new interview with Anna Bessonova?

Anyway here is the link http://www.ub2009.org/eng/Contents/Content2.aspx?sid=55&id=88&cid=4243

That's interesting... But Bessonova never won the Olympic Gold? Stupid Haha
cidlover

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Jul-2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan wrote:
Saunatyttö wrote:

That's interesting... But Bessonova never won the Olympic Gold? Stupid Haha

I find that many articles and interviews about gymnastics have inaccurate facts. e.g.

One article said that Sooji Shin was the only Asian rhythmic gymnast at the 2008 Olympics.
An article said that Raj Bhavsar was the first Indian American to medal at the Olympics. He's actually the third overall and the second Indian American gymnast to medal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: