Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apply for LONDON 2012 tickets now!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Grace

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Mar-2011 13:54    Post subject: Apply for LONDON 2012 tickets now! Reply with quote

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/

Who can apply for tickets?
Tickets are only available on this website for people who are aged 16 and over and are residents of the UK or residents of designated European countries. London 2012 also welcomes applications from UK Armed Forces.

For the purposes of ticket sales for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, UK residents are defined as:

Those who live in: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), the Isle of Man; or
Those who live in a UK Overseas Territory: Gibraltar, Anguilla, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, Falkland Islands, Montserrat, Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands, St Helena and St Helena Dependencies (Ascension and Tristan da Cunha), South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia and The Turks and Caicos Islands.
UK residents who do not wish to apply for tickets online can do so using the paper ticket application form contained in the Official Ticketing Guide, which can be collected from your local Lloyds TSB branch (or Bank of Scotland in Scotland only) and your local library in Northern Ireland.

For the purposes of ticket sales for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, designated European residents are defined as:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

If you are not a resident of the UK or a designated European country, regardless of citizenship, you will need to apply for tickets via your National Olympic Committee (NOC) or National Paralympic Committee (NPC). Some NOCs or NPCs may appoint an Authorised Ticket Reseller (ATR) in order to help the general public obtain tickets and services relating to the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. A full list of contact details for all NOCs, NPCs and ATRs can be found in Ticket eligibility.
ĸanaeva...j&

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Mar-2011 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!!! I'm not sure for now but I really hope to be there Bounce
Youandi

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Mar-2011 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

95 pounds for a A-category ticket. i guess that is a normal price for the OG?
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Mar-2011 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've applied!
Tchachinafan

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Mar-2011 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do the european countries get priorities??

is it always likes this? for example the Beijing Games, did the Asian countries had priority? Question
Grace

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Mar-2011 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know there is a closing date for applications.

Submit your application by 11.59pm on 26 April 2011. (There is no advantage to submitting your application on the first day or the last day).
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed, 16-Mar-2011 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchachinafan wrote:

is it always likes this? for example the Beijing Games, did the Asian countries had priority? Question

Yes, it was practically impossible to buy tickets if you weren't Chinese.

Can someone confirm, if I apply now for the tickets do I have to may too now? Because 2 tickets in each category will cost more than 1000 euros...
AnnaBessonovaNumber1Fan

PostPosted: Wed, 16-Mar-2011 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
Tchachinafan wrote:

Yes, it was practically impossible to buy tickets if you weren't Chinese.

Can someone confirm, if I apply now for the tickets do I have to may too now? Because 2 tickets in each category will cost more than 1000 euros...

You submit your Visa details but no payment is taken until 10th May I am lead to believe, but you find out what tickets you have been allocated in June.
Manzana

PostPosted: Wed, 16-Mar-2011 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youandi wrote:
95 pounds for a A-category ticket. i guess that is a normal price for the OG?

Probably
But if someone go there all the week, it will be very expensive Shocked Embarassed
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Mar-2011 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices have been creeping higher at I reckon approx 25% each new OG. London 2012 follows the pattern. Sigh, this becomes quite the scramble for tickets each time and London will be just as tough as Beijing was. 1) Apply for the main ticket draw as outlined by Grace (thanks so much), 2) Find mainstream organized ticket brokers, 3)Find friends that have extra tickets and don't need, 4) Craigslist, eBay 5) Scalpers at the venues (they will be there and do mill around (didn't see at Beijing) but they will be at London). Word of mouth should help locate that crew... In short, like lot of things in life, there is a price. If you want this enough, you will be there at Wembley and a very happy camper, no matter what it takes to get there.

Other random notes...
Especially the readers here will appreciate totally every single second at London 2012-->if you can get that ticket:). But don't be surprised if once you are there, the person sitting next to you in the arena, has zero clue of RG at all! Shocked That'll happen cousin! OG audiences are a strange mix of folks that plain just don't know the sport or got the tickets somehow on a give-away and/or just go nuts only for the home country gymnast. You get the idea and you will just have to get used to that. Cuz it happens at each OG like that.

On the other hand, the audience at Montpellier 2011 next September will be a true and deserving RG audience. Is just always like that in RG. WC attendees make the effort to travel and know the extreme talent of the individual gymnasts in the AA final + groups finals. When the top 24 individual + groups get to London... There will still be a vague understanding from the fans that have no clue in arena--> that we/they are witness to the best RG talent in the world. I just hope that being a European venue this time...enough hardcore fans (like you and me Smile) will pack Wembley and educate the other folks there, when a routine is totally stellar or when a deserving gymnast is robbed by the judges (yes, this is RG too).

What is most heartbreaking about tickets is when parents of a gymnast can't get tickets, agh! Oh gosh, I met a Italian mother outside the arena at Beijing and (for some reason) she didn't have a ticket to the groups final. I hope that doesn't ever happen to a parent this time, whew!

Finally, (jeje,sorry, I love to write about the big show) SmileSmileSmile There is just nothing that quite compares to the vibration and feeling of being at an Olympic Games. The air is electric and inspiration is everywhere. You never forget the feeling. It always stays with you and in your memories. Just meeting friends outside the arena...even that is so special! I better stop. GO LONDON 2012!!! -T
Justin

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Mar-2011 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Youandi, you do realize that Dutch citizens need to apply for their tickets via

http://www.atpi.nl/os2012/kaarten/index.php Wink.

Qualifications are
Categorie A € 125
Categorie B € 85
Categorie C € 52
Categorie D € 26

Finals are
Categorie A € 221
Categorie B € 158
Categorie C € 85
Categorie D € 59

I think I'll opt for category C tickets for each day... Not sure how I should spend the night there... but I'll take the Eurostar. It's only about 3.5 hours from here to London...
Carol_Gr

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Mar-2011 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can buy for the first day... What unfair!!!
Day 9 will be hoop and ball...that is it??
Cameron Pegg

PostPosted: Thu, 24-Mar-2011 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual (and Tom sums it up nicely), getting *any* tickets to an Olympics event is a lottery.

Jon and I hope to go together - and are both applying in our relative countries - but you just never know how they've allocated the tickets and more to the point, how many are actually available to the general public (when you take away VIPs, corporate seats, spaces for friends and families of athletes, officials etc etc).

The prices are quite high, but it is the Olympics and being in London doesn't help on that count.

I would suggest anyone who doesn't have friends and family in London and does want to go to secure your accommodation now. Finding a bed in a hostel or budget hotel is already proving difficult, and it's still 500 days out!!

Check out hostelworld (you only have to pay a 10% deposit in advance, and you can cancel as late as 24 hours before).

www.hostelworld.com
singlo

PostPosted: Tue, 29-Mar-2011 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tickets are very expensive. There is no seat plan to indicate the differences between class A, B,C and D tickets. With Athen Olympics I could view the competition hall plans and book exactly which seats I wanted and guranteed to get them. Here it is all unclear and like a lottery draw, while many tickets given away free to the rich corporate people. I want to get class A ticket but i don't think i can afford the final. But I will need to go becuase it is hosted in my home town.

I could be kicked out of the London olympics halls if I repeated what I did in Athens...sitting on the stairs with a big telephone lens. The Greeks were more tolerant and laid back. The British is known for their excessive health and safety rules., and intolerance towards photographers in public space. Photograhing the London 2012 from the spectator seats can be very tricky. I don't have good feeling about it and don't have high expectation.
LudaFenka

PostPosted: Tue, 29-Mar-2011 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, there are different rules for applying for tickets, depending on nationality and citizenship? That is so stupid and discriminatory. There goes the "Olympic principle" of participation for everyone, right down the trash bin...So, if you are from Moldova or the Ukraine (not part of the EU), for example, you can't be applying the easy way? Only the British could come up with something like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: