Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decline of rsg.net = decline of RG?

View previous topic | View next topic  
Kerstin

PostPosted: Fri, 20-Mar-2015 2:24    Post subject: Decline of rsg.net = decline of RG? Reply with quote

Is there any statistics showing how many posts there are made each week, month or year? I have a distinct impression that this board has gone from being Bounce to Sleep Am I right?
And I wonder if this corresponds to a similar decline of the interest and involvement in the sport itself? And, if so, what would be the reason(s)?
2gym

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Mar-2015 13:27    Post subject: rg Reply with quote

I think there are a few reasons for the decrease in posting. All of the frequent posters are older now, have jobs, and may not have the free time to sit and comment on message boards. Other members got tired of the arguing and unkind opinions being expressed. Frequently there would be a new member who would make hundreds of posts about everything, then lose interest. Sometimes a favorite gymnast would retire, and the poster stopped caring.
I do not think RG is less popular, in fact in the USA it is becoming more popular.
Some people are getting tired of always having something to say on so many types of social media. It is easier to check scores, and save comments for the big meets.
RGSuperfan

PostPosted: Tue, 21-Apr-2015 21:05    Post subject: Re: rg Reply with quote

2gym wrote:
I think there are a few reasons for the decrease in posting. All of the frequent posters are older now, have jobs, and may not have the free time to sit and comment on message boards. Other members got tired of the arguing and unkind opinions being expressed. Frequently there would be a new member who would make hundreds of posts about everything, then lose interest. Sometimes a favorite gymnast would retire, and the poster stopped caring.
I do not think RG is less popular, in fact in the USA it is becoming more popular.
Some people are getting tired of always having something to say on so many types of social media. It is easier to check scores, and save comments for the big meets.

Very good point
just_me

PostPosted: Sun, 26-Apr-2015 7:55    Post subject: Re: rg Reply with quote

2gym wrote:
I think there are a few reasons for the decrease in posting. All of the frequent posters are older now, have jobs, and may not have the free time to sit and comment on message boards.

True, true. At least that's my case. However, I visit the forum almost on daily basis and read every new post.
viddy

PostPosted: Sun, 26-Apr-2015 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the young people in my area only know about Facebook pages and people on Instagram & Tumblr who post RG. They don't even know about this forum nor care to use such an "outdated" medium to talk about gymnastics. When I think back to the last time this site was updated (2003?) I remember the younger crowd complaining about the format... and now it is 2015.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: