Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trials for the NZ team to go to Aussie Nationals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
gymnast stefie

PostPosted: Sun, 26-Feb-2006 20:26    Post subject: Trials for the NZ team to go to Aussie Nationals Reply with quote

Hi,
We just had trials for the New Zealand team to go to the Australian nationals in May and the judges were judging so hard that it felt like they didn't actually want to take anyone away to Aussie. And from te results that we have seen only about 2-5 maybe going over out of about 25 or more.
It doesn't make any sense to me at all, why have trials if they're going to judge as hard s they did so that nearly no one passes the pass mark to go??
gorhythmic

PostPosted: Mon, 27-Feb-2006 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to me that the judges would put the trial mark where it is for a reason, and it is the gymnast's job to pass this mark. if the judges dont think a gymnast is good enough to get an established mark, then maybe they are not ready for the competition they are trialing for. all IMHO Embarassed
gymnast stefie

PostPosted: Mon, 27-Feb-2006 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but apparently they judged trials how they judged our Commonweatlh trials
Erina

PostPosted: Thu, 2-Mar-2006 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

The judges have raised the trial pass mark and are judging harder because they realise that NZ's overall standard of "higher level" gymnasts is currently quite low compared to other countries.

It may seem unfair but they want to raise the level of competitors to match those of other countries (and I am not talking about just Australia) in order to give a better impression of NZ's gymnasts.

They did judge the same as they did for the Commonwealth trials and it was evidenced then that the judging was harder because only 2 gymnasts qualified (not even a full "team") Surprised.
gymnast stefie

PostPosted: Sun, 5-Mar-2006 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

O wel i spose i should get used to it as that is how they are going to be judging from now on i guess...

Stefie xoxo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: