Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madeira impressions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 9:52    Post subject: Madeira impressions Reply with quote

Just to give some little impressions of this year's Madeira Tournament.

1) PARTICIPATION: this year it was the best list of participants of the three we've been on the tournament. Some important gymnasts like Marina Shpekht, Liubov Charkashyna, Almudena Cid, Yana Seledchk (take an eye on this girl for the future), Carolina Rodríguez and Katerina Biazverkhaya made the event be a really interesting one. Together with all the nice gymnasts fromn other countries (up to 35), it was nice to watch.

The Egyptian gymnasts were a real surprise. I think they have the best level I've seen of any African gymnast (and I've seen gymnasts from RSA, TUN, CPV...). Of course they have much to develop, but all in all the performances were very interesting and promising.

I was really surpirsed when Jessica Jardim, a POR gymnasts used one of the music I cut with her clubs routine (or was it ribbon?). Somehow strange to hear the work you did at home in an international tournament. There are some users of this board who know very weel what I'm talking about...

2) Venue: the competition took place like always at the TECNOPOLO. Nice hall, with plenty of space for MAG and RSG. There was free Wi-Fi, which made things easier for all people working there. A fine place, with all details needed.

3) Organization: I've said it before. Madeira has probably the best organization I've ever seen, even being (still) a little tournament out of the Grand Prix or World Cup circuit. They have notjing to envy and much to be proud in comparison with many other organizations out there. About 80 persons working full time, guides for the delegations, an office at the hotel which worked up to very late in the night, etc, etc.

They simply need to get some more financial support to apply for a candidature to organize a World Cup event, which will come sooner or later I hope.

I think all gymnasts that come to Madeira will go home with a great impression and unforgettable memories. Adding that the Island itself is gorgeous and worth the vist, and that the hotel always has a swimming pool you have a perfect time under ths sun of Madeira.

4) Competition: I think that Marina Shpekth did a fine competition, and was the fair winner. She has some interesting difficulties in her routines. I don't specially like her a lot, but her rope is very funny and with a good choice of music IMO. She keeps the "Flowers" music for ribbon. She seems to have stronger legs than last year.

Liubov was Ok in the AA, though in the finals she had a very bad day in general. I liked much more her old ribbon routine then the new one. Also the new ball routine needs time to make forget her "Czardas" one, which was a hit during the last years.

You have to watch Almu's new routines. I think they are really good!!! She has a ribbon to Spanish guitar music that is a big contrast to what she used to do. Also her funky hip-hop clubs routine is interesting, with Destiny's child music.

Katerina Biazverkhaya had the problem that she did her ribbon routine to Liubov's clubs music, so she had to repeat at the end of the competition to get her score. She's a good gymnasts, somehow a mix between Charkashyna and Kurilskaya. I like her!

Yana Seledchk is nice and looks much younger than she is. She has difficult routines and is overall a complete gymnast.

Well, I'll go on when I have more time, but... to sum up... Madeira is a lovely place to watch RSG in a friendly atmosphere, a sunny climate and good friends around.

Guillermo
missdu06

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 12:15    Post subject: Re: Madeira impressions Reply with quote

thank you for your impressions.
can you tell us your impressions of them on the teams?
And have of others vidéos?
thank you very much :D

my blog in french : http://missdu06.skyblog.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group competition was also very interesting.

Belarus performed mostly clean and strong, with the same musics that they had last years. It seems they have new routines, but still not enough control over them to show them in the carpet. Probably in Thiais we'll see any of them.

Spain has some differences in her routines, with little failures, but overall fine. The mixed routine with new music is really interesting and many coaches said it's a brilliant composition. They did OK, and with some little adjustments, they can do great things.

France was third in the AA, in a rather discussed decission. Many people thought they didn't deserve that place, because they still have much work ahead to work as a group. The quality of the gymnasts is great, but there are many failures in coordination and exchanges. They had continuous drops and apparatuses out of the carpet. Strangely, they gor 12.XXX point in the mixed routine on Saturday and got the 3rd place. Can't understand it. I thinl it was a big mistake to put the nice individuals as group gymnasts.

Brasil is improving each day. They need time and effort, but thy are in a good way. Their 3rd places in the finals were more than fair. I like them a lot, let's see how it goes on.

All other teams were not so strong, and even the 4th place of NED in AA seems a little to much compared to the 5th of Brasil, but I'm still happy for them, they work fine.

Greetings

Guillermo
Dalitmarcus

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your impression Very Happy
fra77

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Very Happy
Katerin

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your impression.
Quote:
Katerina Biazverkhaya had the problem that she did her ribbon routine to Liubov's clubs music, so she had to repeat at the end of the competition to get her score. She's a good gymnasts, somehow a mix between Charkashyna and Kurilskaya. I like her!

I'm really gald that you like Katerina. I like her since 03. Wow, three years has gone. I thought she would disappear in rg as she hardly participated in competitions. Nice to see her in the fourth place !
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you verry much for your impressions!!!
Esther TM

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Mar-2006 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to add some things to Guillermo's impressions.

As always, Madeira was the best organized tournament I have been until now and other OCs could send their people to learn from them. This year it was a specially good tournament, we all worked hand in hand - even if it was much work, it was easy.

About RG competition I have to point out two things which I think are important.

Why do nearly all gymnasts use the same musics???
That makes the gymnast loose her character and her own style and it also makes the competition boring and I think this will make loose spectators in the future (not the hardcore fans of corse).

The new COP is not very photographer friendly. You have only few jumps, except in rope routines, and if you miss the jump in those other routines - then "game over".
There are also a lot of spins (or leg holds) with legs in 90º positions which don't look good on pics. Generally, (for me) there are less things to photograph.

I liked a lot gymnasts from Egypt, I was impressed with their level and I hope to see them again soon. It must be really difficult beeing a rhythmic gymnast in Egypt... It was sad I didn't had the opportunity to talk to them.

I liked also the Austrian girls very much. I always liked Caroline Weber and now she even has improved. She's so expressive and feels the music. She is one of these who also have some musics which are used a lot, but she gives them her personal note. Sabrina Pilhatsch has also improved a lot since I saw her in Innsbruck 2003, she has a very flexible back and strong jumps.

We'll see what will happen in Kiev...

Bye,
Esther
Angel Eyes

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, France did lots of mistake, but don't forget that they are working together only for 5 or 6 months maximum!
I think they have a good future!

Shpekt is very impressive ! Shocked She is so original in comparison to the other russian girls!
Almu, always on the top...congratulations to her!

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH Guillermo for all these videos!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mili

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i saw French group and i think it is really dynamic, there are very good relations. And the end is really amazing!
Ok, they did mistakes. And perhaps they do not feel like a group yet. But do not forget that they are working together since november and 3 of them were individuals before, so they had no opportunity to work as a group.

And one more point: Ketty Martel and Aurelie Lacour chose to be part of the group. Nathalie Fauquette now enjoys being in.

Mili

http://www.rgmax.gr.st
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just downloaded the group videos (thanks Guillermo) and I really liekd the French Group, as milina said, they are really dynamic, I love that routine! The only problem is that now, they have a high standard of gymnasts, and Clara Huet, who last year was the strongest gymnast seems to have become the weakest! Anyway, I find this routine far superior to that of the Spanish group. I also liked BLR, I love the way they attack the routines and always seem so competition-ready.

Generally I'm looking forward to progression of groups this year, especially the French one.
just-mel

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! i was in the group of NED. I reallllyy miss madeira Sad it was such a great tournement! beautifull hotel and great food and the competition with the MAG were great Cool

Thursday to Thiais Very Happy

Adiosss xx Melanie
Guillermo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 15:03    Post subject: More... Reply with quote

Well, either I'm deaf, or all the coaches and people which I asked said that the Spanish routine was brilliant. Maybe not in the execution yet, but the elements, coordination and cooperations are beautiful and in harmony with the music. But maybe my condition of Spanish make me be a little subjective...

I really didn't like the choreography of the French group routine, but it's a question of taste. I think they are hard workers and can (must) improve a lot.

The video I showed was probably the best routine they did in Madeira. All other had more drops, out of the carpet, etc. You'll be able to watch them soon to have your won opinion. That's why I say there weren't lucky in that competition and didn't deserve the third place.

Anyhow, I think I differ a lot to the perception of other members of this forum which opinion I've read. And that's good so, life is made of differences!!!

Go all RSG groups!!!
Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, yes you are subjective.

Secondly, I'd hardly call the Spanish routine "brilliant", but maybe I'm less easily impressed than certain coaches.

But I must say that watching a routine in real life is very different. For example in Berlin last year I really liked the Spanish group, especially the Hoops and Clubs routine, and thought it was of a really high standard, and not very far off RUS, BLR etc... but having watched that competition on TV, it was much easier to see the mistakes, and that they were no where near the standard of the top groups. Anyhow, I hope their routines develop, and Spain returnes to the success they had in the past, but I doubt its possible.
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Wed, 15-Mar-2006 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, l really like the beginning, + from 2.33 . Especially the final thro is spectacular. Very Happy But the rest of the routine is of course great, but it doesn't really stand out against top countries IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: