Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG apparatus history

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
Tatiana Koogid

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Apr-2004 13:11    Post subject: RG apparatus history Reply with quote

I would like to collect all sort of information about RG apparatus history. Searching for RG history I hit many international sites, according which RG started exactly in that country. ( I am more believing that RG started in my home town St Petersburg at the time when Isadora Duncan was there inventing a new ballet.) Let's see how many opinions there will be on RG apparatus history.

Please, try to answer the following questions:

How it happened historically that there are 5 apparatus: ribbon, ball, clubs, rope, hoop?

1. For each apparatus: why? (for instance, If you know any reason why, let's say ball, was selected to be a RG apparatus.)
2. Were they all established at the same time ? when?
3. Were there others (ever)? in official or inofficial competitions?
4. Were there variations of apparatus? (i saw one old RG picture with clubs looking like thin metal sticks with wooden "heads")
5. Was apparatus-free exhibition in official programm? (i guess it was) for how long?

you can write your answer or extent the list of questions.
I appreciate any sorts of answers/opinions Wink
Eva. A.

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Apr-2004 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some of the answers you'd like to get on Mario Lam's page:
http://www.eliterg.com/eliterg/history/index.html
for example why ball has been used in gymnastics, when rope first appeared etc.
hope that helps!
Tatiana Koogid

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Apr-2004 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Eva for very interesting link. It is not like I know nothing about RG apparatus and ask, but I do know something and I learned it from Russian sources. The link given by Eva is a good example of what i complained above about : every country states that RG started in this country and no web-site provides 100% true information about RG. Citation: "1945-Rhythmic Gymnastics (Khudozhestvennaya Gimnasticka) was accepted as a sport in the Soviet Union. Russian rhythmic gymnastics emphasize very much in the body techniques including back flexibilities and classical ballet." Confused ... this IS NOT true at all! RG in Russia officialy began when the first RG school was opened in 1913 in Petersburg. In 1938 there was first student who got her diploma in RG at Sport University. First RG competition in Russia:1939, and in 1941 there was first COD programm accepted at Sovjet Union level. http://afg.sportspb.ru/history.html that is why Sovjets were dominating first year of RG, not Canadians (sorry, nothing showinistic).

this is what I mean with my questions, no web-site provides 100% true information. Let's list all available links, compare them and see.
Tatiana Koogid

PostPosted: Mon, 12-Apr-2004 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first COP sorry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: