Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what are the best clubs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Sat, 18-Sep-2004 21:14    Post subject: what are the best clubs? Reply with quote

What company has the best clubs? I bought a pair from the ULTIMA company, well, I was practicing a trap element with my foot in an auditorium with a hard floor and it broke in half!!! So what I'm asking is would the expensive SASAKI clubs shatter like this or are there any others that are less expensive that I can get?

Bye the way, I have already bought the clubs from Golden Lion (the unbreakable ones) http://www.francescainternational.com/Clubs.htm and they're amazing, but I was wondering if there are others out there. Thanks.

J-M
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sat, 18-Sep-2004 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sazaki break quite easily, but are nice for competition. Speith are ok, they look like Sazaki but the problem is they bend when performing traps, but I think they can be bent backwards if you catch them on the other 'side'.
anjie

PostPosted: Sun, 19-Sep-2004 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Jon, they wont. I have an old pair of Spieth clubs, and they look like bananas. I've tried to bend them back, but it's no use. I find that Sasaki clubs are much better, they're slimmer and easier to catch and do mills with.
adriana

PostPosted: Sun, 19-Sep-2004 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasaki clubs can broke very easily. Eurogym in Paris has great clubs named Eurogym and they are similar to SASAKI but well balanced than sasaki´s´ones and more they are much more cheaper...
You should look at www.eurogym.fr
adriana
Sjoen

PostPosted: Sun, 19-Sep-2004 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 pair Spieth clubs. 1 old pair and a newer pair.
I think they are very good. Sasaki is too long for me and they break easily.
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 0:33    Post subject: Eurogym clubs Reply with quote

are these the Eurogym clubs you're talking about?

http://pwb2.amen.fr/powerboutique/L00762/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=20&ref=MEG-4&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=2

If they are, are they undbreakable? Does anyone know if shipping from Europe to the US is going to cost more than just the clubs?

Thanks,

J-M
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 1:03    Post subject: Amaya brand Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about the durability of Amaya clubs? They seem really cool, but trapping them with your foot might break them too!

This is what they look like:
http://www.rhythmicgymnastics.com/search_result.asp?DESCRIPTION=&MANUFACTURER=ALL&PRODUCT_ID=&CATEGORY=Clubs&SQLStmt=SELECT+*+FROM+PRODUCT+WHERE+%28%28DESCRIPTION+LIKE+%27%25%25%27+OR+LONG_DESCRIPTION+LIKE+%27%25%25%27%29+AND+%28PRODUCT_ID+LIKE+%27%25%25%27%29+AND+%28%28product.CATEGORY+%3D+%27Clubs%27%29+AND+%28%28product.MFG+LIKE+%27%25%25%27%29+OR+%28product.MFG+%3D+%27%27%29%29%29%29+ORDER+BY+PRODUCT_ID+ASC+&ScrollAction=Page+2

J-M
viddy

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever you trap with clubs, even on a carpet, you run the risk of breaking them, especially a hard floor burry. Good luck Smile
adriana

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes those eurogym clubs...well, unbreakable I can´t say they are but they don´t broke as usual as sasaki (my experience!)
about the shipping sorry, ask directly eurogym
adriana
Eva. A.

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had Amaya clubs and i am satisfied with them. i cant compare them to others though. i've never seen any of these bending or breaking - nearly all the girls from my club uses them.
viddy

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried most clubs and Sasaki is one of the best, unfortunately they are very expensive too. More importantly never drop (like that will not happen, right? Laughing ), and never trap on hard floor or an artistic spring floor (on this you can trap, but just lightly, if you do it too hard they will bend or break). Practicing outside is even better than a hard floor if there is soft-grass.... or you can just get men's rhythmic clubs since they are very sturdy, since you're just practicing (and you're a guy, right?).
fefe

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!i have a pair of clubs (no sasaki) and they are very good...they are 4 or 5 years old, and i think that are spieth!!!!!!!my friends broke 4 pair of sasaki' s clubs in a week............
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Mon, 20-Sep-2004 18:25    Post subject: I hate the men's rhythmic clubs Reply with quote

I hate the men's rhythmic clubs. they're the ugliest clubs I have ever seen and they look like they belong to cavemen! I'm a dancer not a male rhythmic gymnast! So it's all about the look and aesthetics.

J-M
Rhythmicfriend

PostPosted: Tue, 21-Sep-2004 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.M. BURRY, why are you so stingy ?
When an European gymnast buy articles in USA, do you think that the shipment is as cheaper for her , that inside her own country ? Everything has a cost. If you don't need , you don't buy. If you need really you buy.
The subject was about the quality of the Clubs , not the shipment cost.
Amaya Clubs or golden lion or Spieth are clubs for middle level gymnasts. They are durable enough for this level. But when you make many throws, for high level gymnasts , they are not very good, they have no good balance.
For the good gymnasts and High level, the best Clubs for practice are for sure SASAKI 's ones.
But they are expensive and they break easily with the new COP, when we catch them with the foot.
The only one good CLUBS actually which have the same quality as SASAKI, same length, same weight, same balance, but half cheaper, and 10 times less breakable are the EUROGYM Clubs Ref. MEG-4, 46cm. some high level gymnasts used them on last World championships and on international tournaments.
When you want to compare the quality of apparatus, it's necessary to compare with the same level of gymnasts , because you can have answer from all levels which cannot help you at all. A gymnast who train 6- 8 hours a week in total can keep her apparatus many years, but a high level gymnast with 35 hours a week, very high throws and many catches, many high risks , cannot be compare with you.
It is the same with the durability of the shoes.. You can compare the comfort, but when the number of hours of training is different , all what you can read is not useful.
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Tue, 21-Sep-2004 18:04    Post subject: Good point! Reply with quote

Rhythmicfriend wrote:
J.M. BURRY, why are you so stingy ?
When an European gymnast buy articles in USA, do you think that the shipment is as cheaper for her , that inside her own country ? Everything has a cost. If you don't need , you don't buy. If you need really you buy.
The subject was about the quality of the Clubs , not the shipment cost.
It is the same with the durability of the shoes.. You can compare the comfort, but when the number of hours of training is different , all what you can read is not useful.

Good point! THANKS!!!!!!!! But how often do Europeans buy gymnastics stuff in the US, when it's so accessible there in Europe? You basically have sporting goods stores that sell gymnastics equipment, while sporting goods stores here sell fishing poles and footballs. I'm not being stingy just trying to be smart about buying things, money doesn't grow on trees you know!

j-m

PS I asked nothing about toe shoes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: