Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

London 2012 Summer Olympics
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results
View previous topic | View next topic  
akika10

PostPosted: Mon, 21-May-2012 18:44    Post subject: London 2012 Summer Olympics Reply with quote

Does anyone know who the judges will be?
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon, 21-May-2012 18:48    Post subject: Re: London 2012 Summer Olympics Reply with quote

akika10 wrote:

In the documentary about Carolina Rodriguez they said that the judges will all be from nations not qualified for the Olympics, like it was in the test event. I'm not sure if that's true though...
akika10

PostPosted: Mon, 21-May-2012 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a double edged sword but it's better for a change.
Tchachinafan

PostPosted: Mon, 21-May-2012 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
akika10 wrote:

In the documentary about Carolina Rodriguez they said that the judges will all be from nations not qualified for the Olympics, like it was in the test event. I'm not sure if that's true though...

its supossed to be like that but now a Belgian judge resignated (is that the word?) and a judge from Austria was chosen instead Confused
akika10

PostPosted: Tue, 22-May-2012 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a Malaysian judge!
http://www.sports.my/entries/8451-Malaysian-Among-Panel-Of-Judges-For-Rhythmic-Gymnastics-In-London-Olympics

I think some of their gymnasts are very good (but underrated). Hopefully, this means that they will be well qualified to judge.
Tom T
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 22-May-2012 18:04    Post subject: Re: London 2012 Summer Olympics Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
akika10 wrote:

Thanks Jon, hope this is the case. That FIG finally would have the foresight at last to remove the judges of those countries competing in the Olympics is encouraging. If it is true, it would be a small step forward to help level the playing field.

(Apologize this next is long, it's my once a month ramble))) The paragraph is written some in allegory, but if you know RG, you can follow what I am saying...)

But I have to say, I am still pessimistic. Why? Because I believe the embedded political corruption in RG is not going away anytime soon. Alexandra Merkulova's recent admission at Tashkent re the judges over-scoring her...that alone speaks volumes about the true situation behind the scenes in RG. It's like in the movie "Wizard of Oz", Alexandra's statement pulls back the curtains a tiny bit on a certain wizard who really controls RG. I say I am pessimistic, because the wizard's embedded cartel has tentacles that reach far and wide to affect even seemingly non-aligned nations. Look at some of the results at Montpellier last September and at the London Test event in January. Some of those results would bear this out (Rizatdinova being sent to London Test and the Piscupescu scoring at Montpellier & London). I am not a judge, but I know quality from looking thru my viewfinder and probably a few folks here on the forum would agree with me. After 1996 Atlanta, don't even think about the wizard's cartel losing it's control. This is about who you know in RG and out of self-interest, doing what's good for your own gymnasts. Anna Bessonova winning at Patras 2007 was an aberration...when enough judges finally woke-up and got it right. Sometimes there is a tipping point of truth in judging rhythmic gymnastics, a point at which even a wizard and their cartel cannot control what happens.

We can only be optimistic if enough judges learn of Merkulova's statement and begin to look at themselves... -T

Last edited by Tom T on Tue, 22-May-2012 20:05; edited 1 time in total
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Tue, 22-May-2012 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, I loved your metaphor about the wizard and his (her) cartel hahaha Mr. Green
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best hope for this OG? NO AERIAL SHOOTING. Laughing Laughing
Every time is disastrous. Why for heaven sake do they need to film from above? you lose totally what the gymnasts actually DO with their body and apparatus. You can only see the change in position, of which I spectator, do care very very little Watching
Anna Kull

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like this cam either because it "kills" so many good pictures - that arm is not what you want in front of a gymnasts head...
ybalka_

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know!! montpellier was a nightmare, one of the worst retransmissions ever!
I also remember in Mie and Minsk when everytime a gymnast made a pivot, they intentionally showed her from above or zoomed the camera just to her face like if they were getting the perfect shot, the important thing of a pivot is to watch all the body and its position during the pivot from head to toe! not to see the effort face of the gymnast! Laughing
akika10

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the aerial view for ribbon and rope.
dalit

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

akika10 wrote:
I always liked the aerial view for ribbon and rope.

I agree ,especially the lovely spiral of the ribbon .
With rope, one of the reasons that the rope was taken from the senior competitions was because it wasn't seen well on the TV.
If you REALLY like the rope you should wait for the jun's level .
Although this year rope is out of the competition, still the strong countries, like Rus, work all the year on all the 5 apparatus Smile
dalit

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

ybalka_ wrote:
I know!! montpellier was a nightmare, one of the worst retransmissions ever!
I also remember in Mie and Minsk when everytime a gymnast made a pivot, they intentionally showed her from above or zoomed the camera just to her face like if they were getting the perfect shot, the important thing of a pivot is to watch all the body and its position during the pivot from head to toe! not to see the effort face of the gymnast! Laughing

As far as i remember the camera in Mie was great,really cought the emotional moments and the elements,if i remember well the camera in Minsk was good.
The worst was the one from the GP in Berlin.
What i like the most is the close-up on the face of the gymnast during her routine-effort ,happy,nice ,sad ,surprising etc',all those moments are very emotional and cause you to feel the routine. Smile
just_me

PostPosted: Mon, 28-May-2012 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the aerial view only for the formations in group exercises. If you call them formations at all...?

You can just see whether they are placed on equal distance from one another, whether the circle they make is a circle at all, whether they are in straight line.

In Montpellier it was way too overused, especially during risks.
cidlover

PostPosted: Thu, 31-May-2012 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm wrote:
My best hope for this OG? NO AERIAL SHOOTING. Laughing Laughing
Every time is disastrous.

Was an overhead camera used during the test event? If it wasn't used during the test event that's a pretty good indicator that it will not be used during the actual events.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Events & Results All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: